New and Lookin for Some Fit Pals :)

Options
Hello All-
My name is Valerie. I live in Texas and I am looking to lose about 50 pounds. I have put it on slowly over the past 9 years, but during the past 2 years I have noticed my weight gain accelerating. I have probably gained 15 pounds in the past year. I pant just going up the stairs. I tend to be an emotional eater. I am excited to try my fitness pal (again...it actually worked really well for me before but I quit doing it when moved) . I would also like to get some fitness buddies and really network for success!
I am looking forward to feeling great and keeping up with my kiddos. :)

Replies

• fat2fab88
    Options
    add me as a friend. i would love to have someone to be fit with! :bigsmile:
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    welcome :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Welcome back I have been here since Jan. You can add me!
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am about 40 minutes away from you depending on how close you are to Austin. How are you enjoying all this rain? I am proud of myself because I got out in it and went to work out!!! Woot!!!

So glad to have you aboard!!! Please feel free to add me as a friend!

:flowerforyou: Kristi
  • precious0814
    Options
    Hi I'm Nicole and new to this! I'd like to lose at least if not close to 125 by my bday, which is Feb 27th! I'm a very picky eater and need advise on how to eat well but eat things that taste good! I hate the smell and taste of fish and I know that's very good for a diet! ;( and I'm very picky when it comes to veggies! Can anyone help me!
  • sarahjo79
    Options
    Hi Valerie,

I'd love some friends on here to keep me motivated so feel free to add me.......not sure how you do that!

Good luck

Sarah.
  • dayesabr
    Options
    I am interested in being your pal. I am a 57 year old who has always been obese. Now I am diabetic and hypertensive. I am trying very hard now to excercise and eat healthy. I would like to lose 70 lbs.
  • dayesabr
    Options
    I am interested in being your pal. I am a 57 year old who has always been obese. Now I am diabetic and hypertensive. I am trying very hard now to excercise and eat healthy. I would like to lose 70 lbs.
  • sportygal43
    Options
    Hi Valerie!
    Welcome to MFP! I am looking to drop the weight to keep up with my kiddo, too! So let's keep each other motivated! The more support all of us can get, the better! LET'S DO THIS!!