Adipex

Options
Recently my doctor put me on adipex to assist with weight loss. I was wondering if anyone on here has ever been on it before? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• JustTracyB
    JustTracyB Posts: 42
    Options
    Never taken it myself. Just had a friend on Facebook post that side effects sent her to the ER today. She's been on it for about a week and a half. Not cool. I'd steer clear!
  • thfd316
    thfd316 Posts: 1
    Options
    I was on it and actually still have about 25 pills or so left. it will suppress your appetite, but as soon as you're off of it, the old habits can take you back to where you started. I've made the choice to change the way I eat and to start exercising. That way I'll know I'm healthy and in better shape. I never had any bad side affects what so ever, but we all react different to meds. I did lose weight with it, but it wasn't a healthy way. Just saying, good luck. Aaron S.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've taken a few- to me they had no greater appetite suppressing effect effect than my jumbo cup of coffee.
  • scooter76
    scooter76 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you for all the information, very useful!
  • slightner
    slightner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd week of it. No side effects so far. I think if you are eating healthy and exercising you wont regain your weight when you stop. Its people who use it and lose weight without changing their lifestyle that gain it back. My doctor only gave it to me because of how I was eating and exercising and that I still was not losing weight. I lost 3 lbs the first week and 1.5 the 2nd. Wondering what the norm is?
  • scooter76
    scooter76 Posts: 12
    Options
    That is why my doctor gave to me. For 3 months have exercised and ate low fat...lots of veggies and protein. Had blood work done and he felt was worth a try. Day 4 for me and no side effects. This is the heaviest I've been in my life and I want my energy back!
    Thanks for the input, I don't know what the norm is, dr didn't say anything. I;ve lost 1 lb but that could just be water:(
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Never taken it myself. Just had a friend on Facebook post that side effects sent her to the ER today. She's been on it for about a week and a half. Not cool. I'd steer clear!

Yikes! I hope she's ok.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Haha, I hadn't heard of Adipex before, but this is all I can think of based on that name:

Hello!.jpg

:laugh:

...I'm probably a dork.

Edit: for anyone who has no clue what the hell I'm talking about: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Adipose
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It is another form of phentermine. Search the forum posts for the word pherntermine. I did take it many years ago. Had dry mouth and insomnia. The problem is that it supresses your appetite, which is good at first or so it seems. But when you go off the pills, your appetite returns and you are more tired (the effects are similar to amphetamines). At that point it's hard for people to maintain their proper eating and exercising. So for the person who wrote that people gain weight because they don't eat healthy or exercise, that is true. But if you learn to eat healthy and exercise without the use of pills, you won't have to relearn when you stop the pills. After stopping the pills, your appetite will return with a vengeance. For those of us who are overweight, we don't have much self control (okay, I don't have much). So without the appetite supressant, it will be hard to control all those urges that return. Just my thoughts :)