It's just time

Options
Good morning to all,

My name is Courtney. I am 31 and VERY overweight, and have been for most of my life. I have a huge weight loss goal, and I know it will take years to meet that goal and maintain. It seems a bit overwhelming, and sometimes impossible. I'm also a Martial Arts Instructor. I want my students to be proud of me, and I want to inspire them to do more, and be more than they ever thought they could be. But I can't do that for them, until I can do that for myself. So, here's to the beginning.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new here too but not new to weight loss and fitness... I used to study martial arts too! This site is great :)
  • scorpia1977
    scorpia1977 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I too am very overweight. I am finding this site to be very helpful and so, so supportive.

The best of luck to you and feel free to ad me as a friend. :)
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm a month-ish into this and have about 35 pounds to lose. I also have an open food diary and please feel free to stalk it and kick my butt when you see crap in the "OMG Did I just eat that?" section. I am almost done level 1 of the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and have completed the C25K program (yay!).... mostly I run on the treadmill for cardio.

:-)
  • lesanncan
    lesanncan Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    hi! i would love to lose atleast 100 lbs and am now to the site as well! please feel free to add me! we can help motivate eachother!
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    Yes it is time! For lots of us. Don't look at the big picture or you'll cry. Look at what you're going to achieve this week AND DO IT! Then next week, do it again. Its about changing your life style so you can be healthy forever. Good luck. This site is sooooo helpful. Add if you like. =]
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends as well.... Add me and we'll try to motivate each other.... one step at a time, one day at a time. I have a total of 60lbs that I wanted to lose and every time I thought about it - I would get discouraged. So, I've been breaking it up into smaller easier goals. So, I shoot for 10 lbs at a time.... Actually have lost 30 lbs so far, so half way there.... (lost 7 before setting my profile).
  • chesneyfan01
    chesneyfan01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you!! You can do it, we are all here to help along the way.
  • Bruccee
    Bruccee Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi and welcome on board ;)

I am new here too, but I have 6 years experiences (good and bad) of losing weight. It is really interesting, you are instruktor of martial arts :) Ive learned Wing Tsung and Escrima for 6 months +/- and it was amazing, the concentration when you feel only your moves and nothing else, that was really amazing, it cleaned my head and offcourse Ive learned something new, something what can I use in self-defense ... But I hadent enough time on this hobby so I had to left ... Anyway add me as a friend, if you like. I have almost the same goals like you ...
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi and welcome. You came to the right place to get motivated. MFP is great. I have 109 to lose but with the support here I have been going strong for 3 months and down 16lbs last time i weighed. i am on everday and try to be very motivating. Any one feel free to add me for support!! Best of luck to OP and all of you on your journey
  • Tatom1622
    Tatom1622 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Feel free to add me. I am also wanting to lose a large chunk of weight. This site is wonderful and love the fact I have other people like me on my side.
  • wayne46uk
    wayne46uk Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi all, been on this about 8 weeks now, seems to be working so far. Only real issue i am finding is eating all my calories. The app on my phone is the key so i can update on the go.
    Stick with it, am starting to see some results, have fun with it tho, dont let weight loss take over your life - just do something about it