Out for drinks

Options
Hi. I'm heading out for drinks with friends this evening and I do not want to over do it. Does anyone know which drinks are the lowest in calories?

I've lost 2 lbs this week and I do not want to jeopardize the hard work?
Any suggestions?:smile:

Thanks,

Angelica

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm heading out for drinks with friends this evening and I do not want to over do it. Does anyone know which drinks are the lowest in calories?

I've lost 2 lbs this week and I do not want to jeopardize the hard work?
    Any suggestions?:smile:

Thanks,

Angelica
    i dont drink that often but when i do i just have 1 or 2 and thats it and put extra time in working out the next day ... good luck
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    wine is low cal and red wine has some benefits

I always find whenever I have alcohol, my weight does go up a pound or two...you may want to take it easy and drink lots of water in between
  • angelica0042
    Options
    THANKS! TO THE BOTH OF YOU, I WILL KEEP THAT IN MIND THIS EVENING.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Eat less, drink more! LOL! :drinker: :laugh:

Increase water intake
    Red wine
    Vodka & soda w/lime
    Gin & diet tonic (I don't drink diet soda but others recommend this)
    Stay away from mixed drinks like margaritas, Long Island iced tea etc.

Have fun! Work out more, eat less the next day! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ya those long islands were a heart breaking wake up call @ 600-800 calories a pop! I generally go with hard alcohol and diet soda
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You could always skip the alcohol and go for diet soda or ice water. That would be my suggestion, but if you're going to drink, try to limit it to a couple of drinks, and have ice water in between to keep yourself hydrated. Alcohol is toxic to your body, and your liver has to work overtime to rid your body of it, so keep that in mind.

the worst
    The most calories come from the sweet liquors, or liqueurs. An ounce of crème de menthe for instance registers an average of 125 calories. Also stay away from cocktails that combine several of the liqueurs, those are just bad news. The highest calorie count from alcoholic drinks are from the cocktails with multiple mixers, like the Long Island Iced Tea for example which clocks in at 780 calories per drink.

the best
    For the lower calories for the most punch, you have two options, one is to look for lower alcohol content or look to cocktails that don’t go crazy on the mixers. If you do like cocktails, try a Bloody Mary, highball or a Manhattan, each delivers an average calorie count in the mid 100s for a standard serving and wont have you regretting it the next day. A couple of other low calorie alcoholic drinks are the Moscow Mule and The Mojito.

http://fatlossschool.com/blog/low-calorie-alcohol-drinks/
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    vodka and tonic with a squeeze of lime. Only 150 calories a drink. Be wary of wine, sometimes it can pack a calorie punch, especially if you plan on having several :bigsmile:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    wine is low cal and red wine has some benefits

I always find whenever I have alcohol, my weight does go up a pound or two...you may want to take it easy and drink lots of water in between

I dont know what wine you are drinking but any wine I've ever drank I would NOT consider it low calorie at all.

Avoid beer.

Vodka is ok, Rye is good for sure... not too bad on the cals. Try Vodka and water with a squeeze of real lime juice (NOT BAR LIME IT IS VERY HIGH IN CALS AND SUGARS)
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    clear alcohol like vodka and gin have 100 calories per shot, so stick to that and diet soda. I usually do vodka and diet coke. Or did before I quit drinking.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    It's too late for tonight, but in the future you may want to check out this website:
    http://www.bajabob.com/home.html :smile:
  • ckholmes
    Options
    Good luck and have a fun and safe nite :)
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    OOOH, i'm making jello shots this evening!!! And when I go out and have drinks, I take a few shots of my own alcohol at home and then have one or two mixed drinks while i'm out. It save me money and calories. Then when I get home I make sure to drink plenty of water and take tylenol so i'm all ready to work out the next day...or atleast just not sleep all day with a hangover, lol! Have fun :)
  • shansd
    Options
    i have to go for drinks tonight too, i have tried to think of a way out but i am the maid of honour and this is the stagette.
    I am letting go to it and saying it will be fun, I haven't aloud myself a drinking night in 3 months.
    So to make up for it today I am choosing low calorie foods (but rich in nutrients)
    and i went and did a ton of cardio to burn some excess cals
    plus i know i will hit the dance floor tonight and hopefully burn some more.

Keep it in moderation and it should be fine!