Food Diary

Options
jxj7227
jxj7227 Posts: 22 Member
Hey guys! I was wondering if yall could please review my food diary and comment on how I am doing so far. Last week was horrible... i ate so much. And I also eat a lot of indian food during the weekend and so its so hard to record that because measurements aren't really taken when it comes to ingredients. :/ So help me please if you can!
Thanks! :)

Replies

• itsall4younow
    Options
    :laugh: Open up your diary
  • jxj7227
    Options
    LOL sorry how do I open it?
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Go to food tab, then settings
  • jxj7227
    Options
    K I think I opened it :)
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Go to settings and cllick on food diary, under diary settings check the public box. Then you should be able to allow others to view your diary
  • sullykat
    Options
    Hard to tell without seeing protein. You really should count protein as it counts toward your caloric intake. Fibre, sugar, sodium, calcium… none of those count (well, sugar and fibre do, but they help to make up total carbs, which you already count)
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Im no expert, just by having a quick look I would say you could maybe cut down on sodium and eat a few more natural foods, ie fruit and veg....that's just my 2 cents, if you need a friend feel free to add me, you can always view my diary, it's not perfect but I try and eat relatively healthy....:drinker:
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't see much fresh veg in there, or fruit.

Get back to nature, the processed stuff isn't too great for you in quantity.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. If it's to lose weight, you should be doing fine because your calories in are lower than your calories out. If your goal is to be healthy, I'd say you're not quite on the right track because of the excess of salty, high fat fast foods and chips in your diet. I hope this helps. You can check out my diary if you want to get any ideas (I was away on vacation last week, so that's blank, but have been logging aside from that for over 150 straight days).
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    The only suggestion I have is; you should take some baby steps toward learning to cook for yourself. You are young, but the salty processed foods you are eating will eventually lead to high blood pressure as well as a variety of health problems. Maybe take a basic cooking class. When I was a young girl of 17 I got married. I didn't really know much about cooking, but I saved my Betty Crocker coupons and got a Betty Crocker Cookbook. It was all down hill from there. I became an excellent cook and now, in my older years, consider myself an amateur chef. Jump in.. it's fun! Good luck. :smile:
  • sullykat
    Options
    Hard to tell without seeing protein. You really should count protein as it counts toward your caloric intake. Fibre, sugar, sodium, calcium… none of those count (well, sugar and fibre do, but they help to make up total carbs, which you already count)

It kinda sucks that you can't have all the tabs you want to track. I'd say cut back a little on cheese. Cheese is really hard on your arteries.

Please feel free to add me too! I also do not eat 100% fantastic, but I do try. You can look at my diary if you are a friend :) Also, I don't give advise unless someone asks.
  • rwindover
    rwindover Posts: 20
    Options
    I just had a look at your diary and though you are under your daily calories, the foods you are eating are very high in fat/sodium and so on. I know how hard it is to cut these foods out but within a few days you will find it's worth it and you are not craving them as much.

Baby steps to cutting the 'everyday' helping of potato chips. The first, second and third day will be hell but once you get past that hump you will be well on your way. Carrot, celery and a low-fat dip is always the better choice.

Also try cooking at home more...stir-fry’s, steak, chicken etc. These are all very healthy and filling options. This way if you do have a cheat day with delicious Indian cooking and potato chips, it won't be as bad.

I am weak in the knees for sugar, jelly beans, gummy bears, wine gums and I have to make a very conscious decision every time I enter a convenient store or gas station to not cave and once I got the sugar out of my system, I stopped experiencing the highs and lows.

Keep up with the Special K cereal in the mornings. Fruit smoothies with fresh fruit and a low carb/low sugar protein powder is always a great option and use milk instead of juice. There is a ton of sugar in juice!!

I think with baby steps and getting back to nature – eating more fruits and veggies, you still really start noticing a difference.

We are on here because we need the help and support, if you need anything more feel free to add me:)

Good luck!!!
  • honeydiva
    honeydiva Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree with what most people are saying about cutting out the junk food and adding veggies to your diet. Also your sodium intake is extremely high, which causes your body to retain fluid. If you do consume a lot of sodium you need to make sure that you are drinking plenty of water to flush your system. The best way is to baby stepping, slowly cut things out of your diet and eventually it will be routine and you will start to see wonderful results...Happy weight losing!!