Need Ideas

Options
I need some ideas on how to get exercise in my schedule. I am typically up around 6am and use my wii fit for about 15 min or so in the morning. Then I get ready for the day, fix breakfast and have my 2 little ones (and one extra) from 6:30 on. I have a small window in the afternoon (maybe 20-30 min.) when kids are napping/don't have my extra kiddo. Then it's kiddo time again until the kids go to bed about 8:30 and I am not far behind. I feel that I need to add more exercise, but I am also feeling crunched for time to do anything else and have any "down" time. Anyone have some recommendations?

Replies

• chomper104
    Options
    some things you could try to do are. Just put on some music and dance even with the kids. They will have fun and its good for them too. Also you could do stairs or steps while the kids are down. good luck.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Is there any way you could incorporate exercise into your activities with the children? I don't know ages, but lets say they are playing outside in the sandbox could you stay nearby and jump rope or do jumping jacks in 5 minute periods?
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Some friends at work started going to an aerobic class offered on the military base - I'm sure most gyms offer them as well. The instructor has a Zumba, Step, and Boot Camp class. I'd recommend the Zumba class for most weight levels because I was able to do it at 210 lbs - as a beginner. I really enjoyed the Zumba class and it pushes me to work harder than I would if I was at home doing a workout video. The step and boot camp classes were more intense. They offer day care at the class too. The class is offered for $25.00 a month or $3.00 a class. I go when I can fit it in my schedule b/c I am so busy with online classes. I try to get on my treadmill (at home) when I can't fit it in. You may have something similar avialable in your area.

Another idea, if kiddo's are old enough - go roller skating. On Monday nights, the local skating rink as Christian night and they only charge $1.00 per person.

If your husband is very supportive of your weight loss, he should be willing to stay home with the kiddo's while you get a break to fit in the exercise time. Maybe he could start getting dinner ready while you are at a class - only a twice a week. I know if I wait until after 7:30- 8:30, I don't have the energy to work out. So maybe try to fit it as early as possible.
  • Demetria
    Options
    I need some ideas on how to get exercise in my schedule. I am typically up around 6am and use my wii fit for about 15 min or so in the morning. Then I get ready for the day, fix breakfast and have my 2 little ones (and one extra) from 6:30 on. I have a small window in the afternoon (maybe 20-30 min.) when kids are napping/don't have my extra kiddo. Then it's kiddo time again until the kids go to bed about 8:30 and I am not far behind. I feel that I need to add more exercise, but I am also feeling crunched for time to do anything else and have any "down" time. Anyone have some recommendations?

Try getting up 30min earlier, to increase your time to 45min of working out. Like the other posters' said do something with the kids, dancing, take them to the park and chase them around, take them for a walk around the neighborhood, push one or two in the stroller and have the other one walk with you, switch out the kids in the stroller so that each of them gets a turn at walking if possible.

You can even use them as weights! hold them in different ways and work different muscles, squats for legs, etc.

There are even videos for kids to workout to, you will have to be creative but at least it won't cost you any money.

Demetria