Question for women regarding OAB and stress incont.

Options
I have been experiencing a problem the last couple of years and its an increased concern for me over the last 6 months or so.

Since I the first time I was pregnant I've had a problem with stress incontinence. I was slightly over average weight-wise (5'5" about 150lbs) before pregnancy and put on 85lbs during the pregnancy (the beginning of my 20 years of uphill battle against my weight).

Just recently I've begun to notice that now I am having other problems in this area; Over active bladder.

Has anyone had this problem then lost weight and the problem cleared itself up? I'm pretty sure my weight is a contributing factor, but is this something else I can look forward to being free of when the weight is gone?

Thanks

Replies

• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NeilsWifex
    NeilsWifex Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi, hope your still using the site, just found your post as I searched for same thing!
    I'm only 33, had children and suffer weakness.....which only came to light when I started running, gutted as I've finally found an exercise I love.....I won't stop, I've been to docs and have to do kegals for 3 mth which is hard....to remember not do, I've heard there is an op and I would love it, but I can't believe we are do young and digging with this

Please feel free to add me or message me as I'd love to know what works for you x