Hello, I'm Lizz

Options
:smile: Hi I'm Lizz, 24, from NJ, but been living in NC for almost 2 years. I have a 13 month old daughter Kaylah Brooklynn, and since she's turned a year I've fessed up that I can't blame how I look on baby weight anymore. I weighed 140/145 pre-pregnancy and gained 60 during and another 20 after I had her, bringing me up to 220. I hate the way I look now. I'm just not comfortable like this. My knees hurt, my back hurts and I need to do something about it. I'm interested in meeting people that can help me (and I'll try to help in return) keep on track, don't give up, and help me look fly again:wink: !! Thanks and I look forwrd to getting to know all of you!!

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen. I was restricted during my pregnancy (incompetent cervix) so I gained 60 lbs and then some after having her. My start weight was 220 as well. I've had the lower back pain but I'm happy to say I don't have it anymore. This site is wonderful and everyone is awesome. I'm so glad you found it and us!

Welcome aboard! :flowerforyou:
  • bapaige
    bapaige Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lizz. I can't say mine is from a baby, since my "baby" is now 11 years old! I have just become lazy and in a rut. However, I am more motivated that ever. My beginning weight was 235 on 9/1/09. I am now down to 224 and feel much better. I don't have the knee and back pain that I was having. I know even getting 10 pounds off makes a big difference. This is a great site and very motivating. Stick to it girl, and we can all look FLY together!!
  • sportygal43
    Options
    Hi Lizz!

I am in the same boat you are. I had a baby, and luckily lost all the baby weight...only to then gain about 30 pounds! :( So, now I am back to the weight I was when I delivered...but his time I'm not 9 months pregnant! Argh...

I am trying to make the same commitment that you are to get fit and healthy and stay on track! I would love to feel good in my skin again! Together we can do this! Best wishes and write if you need encouragement or motivation!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best thing you could've done with yourself was join this site! It has made losing weight a lot eaiser on me. Just stick with it and we can all do this together. Living healthier lives and waking up pain free and setting good examples for our families! Booyah baby!
  • Jazzebelle
    Options
    hi my name is Jazmine
  • rochelle971
    rochelle971 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Lizz,

I so feel your pain. I have a 22 month old and I weigh more now than I did when I was pregnant. After my daughter was born I became an at home mom and I piled on the pounds. Before pregnancy I was 210 now I'm 250.

Like you, my knees hurt and so does my back and a whole lot of other stuff. The koo-de-gra for me was walking by a mirror in JC Penny's and not recognizing the body that I saw in the mirror! So, now I'm on a journey to get fit one meal at a time.

Wishing you the best,
    Chris
  • lizzangel
    Options
    Nice to meet all of you and thank you for all of the great encouragement. I really am excited and soooo happy I found this site. I love all the tools and nothing beats all the great people I've already came in contact with.