alli, has anyone tried this?

Options
I've heard a lot about Alli, I am wondering if anyone has used it, and if so, how did it work for you? I'm really interested in it.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was interested in it as well until I read all of the side effects that can happen.
  • caite19
    caite19 Posts: 100
    Options
    oh boy. I think I'm going to find alli's website.

maybe i'll just stick to getting off my butt and exercising... lol
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I used Alli probably about a year ago. I did see results with it but its not a magic pill. You still have to exercise and watch EVERY SINGLE thing that you eat. You have to keep your fat intake to the bare minimum or else watch out! :noway: don't want to be too graphic but what they warn about on the label can definitely happen. The reason that I went off of it is because the more research I did on it the more I realized that I wasn't getting the proper amount of vitamins into my body. Since some vitamins are fat soluble and your limiting your fat intake, you won't absorb those vitamins that your body needs. Now that I think about it, Alli might not have helped that much...I was exercising and watching my diet.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    here are some previous alli posts, i haven't heard the greatest things about it....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/55188-alli?hl=alli#posts-628132

if you type alli into the community board search bar you will find more older posts like this

slow and steady, steady and slow, the old fashion way :)
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it. However, my cousin, who is a pharmacist for a large chain of pharmacies, does not recommend it. Basically it binds to the fat in your food and helps your body expell it without absorbing any of it. You will need to monitor your vitamin intake because sometimes it affects this. Also, when it helps your body expell it, it can happen at unexpected times with little to no warning! The booklet actually tells you to wear dark colored pants and always have a spare pair with you. The diet that accompanies it is pretty much what you're are already doing on MFP.

If I were you, I would read the information that comes with it, including all the possible side effects. I considered it, but after talking with my cousin, I opted to not. That is another place you can look for information. If you go to a pharmacy that sells Alli, the pharmacist that works there will be able to discuss the pros and cons of it with you. (They are typically more than happy to discuss any OTC medication with you.)

Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Two words....anal leakage. Wahhhhhh
  • dangerkitty2001
    Options
    My doctor specifically told me he would never prescribe it to me, because "it makes you poop your pants". I had to laugh when he said that!
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    Just a couple of weeks ago the FDA issued a warning about more side effects of using Alli. Before using, you may want to read up on it. You have to change your diet if you use it, so just eat what you would have while taking Alli and you can lose weight without crapping yourself.