C25K W2 - how many minutes running in total?

Options
CaseyBee
CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
I know the program says alternate 90sec running with 2 min.walking for a total of 20min, but I'm having a huge brain fart and keep getting lost in the math.

I know there are 8 60sec. runs in week 1 for a total of 8min. running, and I just started W2 and can't figure out how to log. (no HRM). Thank you!

Replies

• Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey!! way to go on c25k. i just finished week 7 :) So for week 2 you have 90 seconds running and 2 minutes walking...so thats 3.5 minutes. Its a total of 21 minutes, so you do that set 6 times. So you are running a total of 9 minutes :) and walking 12 minutes. If you need any extra support, i have a ladies only support group on fb. we would love to have you :) Send me a msg if youd like.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Hey!! way to go on c25k. i just finished week 7 :) So for week 2 you have 90 seconds running and 2 minutes walking...so thats 3.5 minutes. Its a total of 21 minutes, so you do that set 6 times. So you are running a total of 9 minutes :) and walking 12 minutes. If you need any extra support, i have a ladies only support group on fb. we would love to have you :) Send me a msg if youd like.

Is it a c25k support group??
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 as well!! Good luck! :smile:
  • sassypoppet
    sassypoppet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't know what kind of phone you have, but I got an app for my droid that's fantastic :) tracks everything, tells you when to start/stop etc.. was awkward at first doing it with my phone, but I can even listen to Pandora while the app tracks etc.

it's C25K Pro :)
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    There is an app for C25k. Its free for a certain amount of time. Its tells u when to run and walk. Its called Run Double in the Droid market.
  • Starsighter78
    Starsighter78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Don't forget to include the 5 min warm-up and 5 min cool-down! :)
  • SL22268
    Options
    Forgot to add: I use the Map My Run app in conjunction with the c25k app to give me distance, total time, etc.
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    I really liked the C25K, but I could not get passed Week 5, Day 2. I cant honestly seem to run that long. It's an awesome way to burn calories and watch your stomach fat go down.
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Nope, didn't forget! I just wanted to make sure I was logging correctly. Thanks ladies!

ETA: I don't have an app-able phone/ipod, womp womp. I've been using a podcast on my clippy ipod nano, haha.
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing.
  • SL22268
    Options
    Nope, didn't forget! I just wanted to make sure I was logging correctly. Thanks ladies!

ETA: I don't have an app-able phone/ipod, womp womp. I've been using a podcast on my clippy ipod nano, haha.

If you can, I suggest investing in a HRM at least - it's made a WORLD of difference for me :)