Late Night Binging

Options
Any suggestions for someone who's unable to get to sleep and so uses food as a seditive?

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can think of is eating very light in the day and save the bulk of your calories for the evening. Also look into soporific foods, one of my faves is lettuce and salad cream sandwich...lots and lots of lettuce.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Same issue here, even if I have eaten a decent dinner. I am finding the only way is to simply not keep the foods that I am likely to binge on in the home, especially anything sweet. I even had to ban cereal and oatcakes as once that binge urge hits, anything carbs goes down. Also I find a piece of fruit with natural greek yoghurt can help as that is very filling, had with a cup of low calorie hot chocolate. But then I take a sleeping pill and find the sleeping pill removes my usual self control and is making things far worse.
  • EvaJ20
    EvaJ20 Posts: 33
    Options
    I might suggest reading...reading about any random topic always makes me fall asleep.
  • miavera
    miavera Posts: 4
    Options
    I recently have had that problem no matter how late I ate dinner or how much or little For me cherry tomatoes and water by my bedside refusing to go in the kitchen helps because for me its not eating what I really want to eat but eating only out of need and that takes the pleasure out of it and it becomes just a need being met.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I find just not having foods in that I will binge on is the only way to solve this issue. Its really hard. Now I only allow myself fruit. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't! X
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Read this way to quick and as a guy thought it said late night Banging. Needless to say im a bit disappointed
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    Only thing I can think of is eating very light in the day and save the bulk of your calories for the evening. Also look into soporific foods, one of my faves is lettuce and salad cream sandwich...lots and lots of lettuce.

That sounds delicious!
  • scatgash
    scatgash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If hunger is keeping me awake even after I've eaten a lot throughout the day - I drink a lot of water and take a herbal sleeping aid :3
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful to see your diary. But as far as the binging is concerned, just stop. How badly do you want this? Bad enough to eat healthier? Exercise and eat back those exercise calories. I don't believe in denying myself something I want, but I do make sure it works into my daily calorie goal. I have found in the past that denial just made we want to throw the towel in and not care, and then binge. Now I will have that treat but only if it works into my day!
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you are not tired at night, exercise more during the day. I have always had a problem with eating late and not being able to fall asleep. This changed quickly when I started to work out. I sleep better now than I ever have. If you must eat something, I've found the 10 calorites in sugar free jello hits the spot.
  • DawnCargile
    DawnCargile Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks so much and sorry for just responding. Still getting use to navigating this site.
  • DawnCargile
    Options
    Great, thanks! Sorry for just now responding. I'm still navigating this site. LOL
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    drink something hot like a cider or hot chocolate. they even make some low in calories. maybe that will help settle you into sleep.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Your can drink some casein protein that works wonders
  • DawnCargile
    Options
    LOL LOL doesn't work for me because I TOTALLY enjoy eating and reading!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I use to have trouble at night as well...I would wake up in the middle of the night and want to eat everything in my fridge...

To solve that issue....I drink casein based protein approx an hour before bed....and that would get me through the night.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Your can drink some casein protein that works wonders

crap I didn't see this!

I agree with this 100%

Edit...that's because the post was sent while I was slow typing mine...tahaha
  • DawnCargile
    Options
    Thanks! Where can I find it?
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Optimum Nutrion makes one the best casein protein..IMO...I drink vanilla..
  • DawnCargile
    Options
    Thanks so much....you guys ROCK!!!!