In a Slump

Options
Ive done well losing 67 pds since Sept.'11. I have just 33pds left to lose to reach my goal. Since breaking 190 it seems I've hit a wall and am just not losing at the same pace. Not only that but it's up and down like crazy. I've been down about this and have done some emotional eating to unfortunately. My weakness. Any suggestions to to get things moving again? Jump start the weight loss again?

Replies

• antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    First of all AWESOME progress absolutely fantastic!! The wall you've hit is normal don't be discouraged, keep your head up :smile: Second don't feel discouraged, your body has become accustomed to what you've been doing since September 2011 which is why it isn't reacting in such a dramatic way (67lbs.) anymore.

Third the best way over a slump like this is a SHOCK to your system, no I'm not talking electro shock therapy, I'm talking about introducing your body to something it hasn't had in terms of physical exercise. For example if all you've been conducting is cardio, add strength training to your workouts and vice versa. If your diet is already "spot on" add a few supplements to your diet which burn fat and/or add lean curvy muscle.

Give your body some GOOD stuff it's never had or hasn't had in a long time. That type of shock will get your body motivated to react positively. And remember... keep your head up!! Your self worth is NOT based on what the scale reads!!!