suddenly weight loss stops?

Alimummy07
Alimummy07 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone
Im just wondering has anyone else experienced this? I've been loosing a steady 2lb a week for about 5 weeks but this week the scales havent budged! I havent done anything different, staying within my calorie bracket most days and in fact done more exercise this week! I've heard that after a month of exercise your body gets used to it so you have to step it up a notch to start loosing again. Is this true? I really want to get going again with the 2lb a week as was doing great!!
Thanks

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Unfortunately it happens to the best of us..I have had 2 plateaus that last a month staying at the same weight even fluctate..you have to take time off and change up your eating habits and excercise routine...zizzaging calories has help my metabolism stay regulated finds whats best for you..but when your body adjust to the changes sometimes you can stop loosing its fustrating I know keep it going....I know the feeling TRUST ME:grumble: ..This is when people most throw the towel end....But no keep going:flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    From about March until a few weeks ago i couldn't get my scale to move ... and trust me i wanted to throw that darn scale out my bathroom window and head straight to the ice cream shop.. But i didn't i knew i had to do something to get this weight off me.. so i started a new workout plan and eating habits and to my shock my weight was going down ... You might need to change up your workout or add in more calories.. I also heard that Zig zagging might help also.. Also make sure your drinking your water!!! :drinker: :drinker: that plays a big part in keeping the weight from stopping.. Are you doing enough cardio?
  • Alimummy07
    Alimummy07 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks guys. What is zig zagging calories? Its mostly cardio I do, an aerobic workout dvd at least 3 x week and walking 1-2 a week. I really hope the plateau doesnt last a month as was hoping to have another half stone off in 4 weeks :mad: I will up my water intake this week to see if it makes any difference. I dont think I can do any more exercise! I do have a sweet tooth and have a chocolate most days but was doing this even while loosing weight and im still within my calories.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    zigzagging calories for instance hypothetically speaking...... sun 1200 calories mon 1300 calories tues 1400 calories friday 1500 calories and back to 1200 again you catch my drift and eat half off what your excercise calories is with that number got me:wink::happy:
  • it happens to everyone. Have a look at some of the foods you are eating and maybe change your diet a bit so your body doesn't know what to expect all the time. Also, work out a bit harder. If you run, maybe increase your speed or the distance you run for example. Try adding a bit of weight training if you dont do that already. These are all things that worked for me. Dont be surprized if this happens several times throughout your journey, your body will always throw you curveballs but you need to be flexible and persistant if you want to hit that homerun! go for it!
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    I am stuck right now too :mad: I work out 6 days a week and eat 1200 + exercise cals daily. I lost 22 lbs but have been stuck at the same scale number now for 3 weeks......:grumble: :grumble:

It is FRUSTRATING the heck out of me!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I am stuck right now too :mad: I work out 6 days a week and eat 1200 + exercise cals daily. I lost 22 lbs but have been stuck at the same scale number now for 3 weeks......:grumble: :grumble:

It is FRUSTRATING the heck out of me!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

Been there, done that! Heck, I've even had 5 weeks of staying the same! :explode: :grumble:
    But, eventually, the scale DOES eventually move downwards again! :happy:
  • i've read so many threads on this exact 'plateau' issue....and they all offer great advice. i haven't hit a stagnant point on the scale yet, but from reading all your posts/advice, i feel prepared when it happens!

i think if anything, we should try to make it a game where we try to find what works to make that scale move again! we know you can do it...just gotta find that thing that works for you! good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.