Greek Yogurt question?

Options
OK I have tried Dannon Vanilla and today I tried Stonyfield Vanilla. OK Stonyfield was horrible, I checked the date because it tasted spoiled, but it had 3 weeks left. Just gross. Is there another brand that people find good? I like just the Vanilla flavor. Thanks

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Chobani is really good... I've never had Vanilla, but I've had the other flavors and they are quite tasty.
  • DEGiltz
    DEGiltz Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Many grocery store chains, like Wegmans, have their own brand as well; you can save a couple of pennies on the store brand and gotta tell you that I can't tell the difference.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Fage is by far my favorite. I know you said you like vanilla, but stay with me for a sec.

I get the plain and add some brown sugar to it. It's almost like vanilla. I suppose you could add actual vanilla or vanilla extract to it, but all I ever have here is the cheap stuff for baking, so brown sugar sounds a lot more appetizing.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I love the Hannaford/Taste of Inspirations Vanilla.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Taste of Inspirations Plain with Red Mill Flaxseed mostly. Rare times I will add fresh cut strawberry's and raw honey to it.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I highly recommend Fage. I just started it last week and think it is by far the best one out there. I prefer the Fage 2% over the Fage 0%
  • jsekief12
    jsekief12 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am definately going to suggest you try the chobani yogurts as they are mostly fat free and yet some are only 3 grams of fat which to me is nothing. You will like them. I believe they have plain however if you ever want to try flavors then try these. they are good.:smile:
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I use Fage 0%. Always.
  • shirsch52
    shirsch52 Posts: 19
    Options
    I love the Oikos brand, fat free or not. I hate Liberte (it's almost gritty.. it's weird) and Krema (it looked like cottage cheese and wasn't spoiled.. gross). I always get plain and add my own honey. I think it's better to be in control of the sugar being added! Plus it tastes better!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Get plain and add ingredients for flavor. You can thank me later.

My favorite right now is PB2 and banana
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Chobani and Oikos. The Oikos key lime flavor is almost sinful. I'm addicted.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 0 percent plain at first i put Stevia in it, but now Ive gotton to enjoy the tasteplain. It is not that its terrible it just takes some getting used to. But you could always add whatever.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I really like the Oikos (Dannon) Black Cherry with chunk of fruit.
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    i really like Chobani and the vanilla flavor is pretty good , I usually add frozen or fresh fruits if i'm craving something sweater.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I just scarfed Fage 2% plain mixed with a packet of Splenda and a splash of vanilla extract. I LOVE that stuff!
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like chobani vanilla and I like to add a litle granola to it for some crunch!
  • NoisyVision
    NoisyVision Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love the pineapple Chobani and their other flavors. I haven't tried any others, liked this one so much
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I get the plain Fage 2% and add my own vanilla or almond or lemon extracts. Sometimes I also add some ground cinnamon or ginger. You can make all sorts of tasty combinations. I usually also add fresh sliced berries or other fruit. Occasionally I will add a bit of honey. If you want it to taste like vanilla yogurt you would need to add some sort of sweetener in addition to a bit of vanilla. Personally I like a teaspoon of brown sugar or of honey when I want it sweet.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I am going to see what I can find. Hannaford is not a brand that I can get so will move on to the others. Off to taste test!
  • Nic529
    Nic529 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind a little extra sugar in your greek yogurt.. Cabot Vanilla bean flavor!!!!! YUMMMMM only once in a while for this one though.. usually its fage or chobani plain :)