Snacks that keep your carbs down?

Options
Any suggestions??????

S xxxxx

Replies

• dry61ed
    dry61ed Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would also love this information. I have checked my eating record for the last 7 days. I am great on limiting fat (almost always am lower the the required amount) but high (way over the amount required) on carbs. HELP!!!
  • skinny91bum
    skinny91bum Posts: 37
    Options
    *Bump!*

Anyone???????
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    bacon
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Pork Rinds! (Pork Skins)
    bout 80 cals per serving, 8g Protien and ZERO CARBS! BBQ ones are my fav!
  • skinny91bum
    Options
    ooo i do like the bacon...
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I once saw someone on here suggest olives and cheese. And there's always beef jerky.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I once saw someone on here suggest olives and cheese. And there's always beef jerky.

But sodium is MFP kryptonite
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Make your own veggie chips! Beets, mushrooms, and kale work wonderful :]
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Not snacking.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I buy Asda frozen chicken breast strips. They are cooked and frozen so all you need to do is ping them in the mircowave for three minutes and you have an instant protein snack.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Nuts, string cheese, Greek yogurt, jerky, dark chocolate, protein shakes, veggies, hummus

There are a ton. Those are the ones I fall back on mostly. I get low sodium jerky rest of the items are usually reasonable on sodium as long as don't have too many "snacks" through the day.
  • sumgi123
    sumgi123 Posts: 2
    Options
    cottage cheese
    almonds or any types of nuts
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with carbs?
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with carbs?

Amen, brother! As long as it's the right carbs in the right amounts... nada (he says).
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with carbs?

Amen, brother! As long as it's the right carbs in the right amounts... nada (he says).

Not all of us can digest the breads/grains/rice/pasta/corn groups of foods - I end up in the hospital with damn near Insulin Shock....

My favorite low carb snack is 25 pistachios - very low carb, easy on the calories and very satisfying...

EDIT: I meant to also include - a hard boiled egg. They are my favorite!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Lots of options.

I like cottage cheese, greek yoghurt with Pb2 stirred in, canned tuna, smoked salmon or poached salmon, hard boiled eggs(keep a supply in the fridge), nuts and seeds mixes, avocado, and if you eat meat, there is chicken, turkey, liver etc. Not forgetting the many protein bars available out there. Just research high protein low carb foods and pick those you like.
  • skinny91bum
    Options
    Make your own veggie chips! Beets, mushrooms, and kale work wonderful :]

theses sound lovely, do you have a recipe for this??????
    thanks everyone for your comments,

much love xxx
  • lostman
    lostman Posts: 10
    Options
    Sargento Ultra Thin slices of colby jack, swiss, or provolone are about 40 cal per slice, coupled with Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh thin sliced ham or turkey (about 8 cal per slice) - make a couple little roll ups and you have a nice snack with no carbs and lower calories. I also keep a bag of almonds or pistachios in my desk.
  • _Fat2Muscle_
    Options
    Pepperoni slices
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bresola - wind dried beef - expensive but bloody tasty, any kind of fish, my fave is tuna with vinegar and homemade light mayo/hollandaise, egg white omelettes, fishcakes...