Turning 30 in 10 months

Options
Sapph1re
Sapph1re Posts: 16 Member
Hey all! :smile:

I'm a 29 yr old that has struggled with my weight my entire life. A few years ago I shed 70 lbs and I was on top of the world until.... yes you guessed it, I GAINED IT ALL BACK & SOME! :sad: Now I more than determined not to just lose the weight, but to be healthy by my 30th birthday. I've been logging my progression for a week and I'm extremely optimistic! I have found this system to work for me because I am more reluctant to eat unhealthy foods in fear of having to add them to my diary. It has also, given me the motivation push myself harder when working out!

I'm hoping that my results will speak for themselves! Please keep me encouraged! :smooched:

Replies

• scorpia1977
    scorpia1977 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I know exactly what you're saying. I too lost 50 to 60 pounds a year or so ago and gain ALL OF IT BACK AND THEN SOME (more). I feel your pain.

I too am determined and ready to commit myself to this once again. This site is definately helping me with my journey and the support is great.

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can keep each other going. :)
  • adezeray
    adezeray Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way I turn 30 this year! What a scary year and the fact that I am not where I want to be weight wise. I want to look great when I turn 30 and show off the inner sexy me!!! Feel free to add me I love to encourage those around me!!

4312059.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 in Nov. That way my catalyst to get me moving on this fitness stuff... and i havent stopped since..
  • spanishlamb
    spanishlamb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I turn 30 in August - it will be a GREAT year and our 30s will be our best decade ever!
  • thedurttybride
    Options
    I turn 30 in January and it's my motivation too. 10 years ago my thyroid gave out on me and I've been trying to get this weight off ever since. I've been on this site for 2 weeks and I love it! 12 pounds down. My total goal is 47 l-b-s!
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love being 30! I'm a little worried about getting closer to 35 though ;) Keep up the good work and just remember to be patient with yourself and be proud of what you accomplish even if it's not as dramatic as you would hope =)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to get healthy! I will be turning 30 in October. My plan was to be healthy by then too!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in October, and I want to lose 30-40 lbs by then. I just had my third (and last!) baby, so it's time to get serious.