May Challenge- 5 plus pounds TEAM BLUE

Options
I realize that this is a little confusing since our group page is not working. I have sent emails to tech support- so hopefully will be fixed soon!

Because group rooms are down we will communicate on a thread until further notice. GO BLUE!!

Week 1 Challenge is...... This week you are challenged to do something you have NEVER TRIED BEFORE! It has to be something GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH! And you have to SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR GROUP!! Okay, I know this is very vague, but any example I might give you could sway how you interpret it. I want you to think about this and be creative! Teams who have every member complete this challenge will have a 1/2 pound advantage for the week. Have a great adventure! And don't forget to weigh in!!!!

Do any of you have any ideas of what you are going to do for this challenge?

Replies

• JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have already met the challenge for the week!

Today, for the first time ever, I used my C25K app outside. I just finished week 1 yesterday on the treadmill and I redid the last day of week 1 this afternoon on my lunch. I work in an Admissions Office on a college campus and we a have a nice greenway. I have walked it before, but never ran like I did today. It felt good and it was challenging running up the hills.....I just hope I don't smell too bad now that I am back at my desk!
  • Amylosingit
    Amylosingit Posts: 29
    Options
    I have already met the challenge for the week!

Today, for the first time ever, I used my C25K app outside. I just finished week 1 yesterday on the treadmill and I redid the last day of week 1 this afternoon on my lunch. I work in an Admissions Office on a college campus and we a have a nice greenway. I have walked it before, but never ran like I did today. It felt good and it was challenging running up the hills.....I just hope I don't smell too bad now that I am back at my desk!

NICE! I loved the C25K- I did it last summer, and I ran a turkey trot. Congrats! Do you think you will run outside again? :drinker:
  • n0bail02
    n0bail02 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My challenge for the week is to develop early morning workout habits. I am lacking motivation and energy to get out of bed before workout, but I know if I don't get it done in the morning, it won't be done for the whole day. I tried the version during lunch time, but I am wasting too much time for shower etc and I can't have enough time to exercise properly. I also tried the version after work, but usually end up very tired and demotivated, moreover, I miss my little boy and wanna spend time with him after a full day of work.
    Tomorrow I will drag myself from bed an hour earlier and exercise !!
  • JMJohnson1005
    Options
    Yes, I will run outside again...maybe not on a hot day (close to 90) during lunch, though. My goal is to be able to run a 5K! There is one coming up in June that I am thinking about doing...walked it last year, but would love to be able to actually run one. There is also one coming in October that looks like super fun, so I am really pushing to do that one!
  • JMJohnson1005
    Options
    I used to work out in the morning and I loved it! My hubby didn't like me getting up so early to go to the gym and I respect that so now I go after work. I definitely get where you are coming from about not being motivated. How old is your little one? I have a son who turns 3 in August!
  • Amylosingit
    Options
    My challenge for the week is to develop early morning workout habits. I am lacking motivation and energy to get out of bed before workout, but I know if I don't get it done in the morning, it won't be done for the whole day. I tried the version during lunch time, but I am wasting too much time for shower etc and I can't have enough time to exercise properly. I also tried the version after work, but usually end up very tired and demotivated, moreover, I miss my little boy and wanna spend time with him after a full day of work.
    Tomorrow I will drag myself from bed an hour earlier and exercise !!

Awesome! Set your alarm across the room haha.
  • Amylosingit
    Options
    I am going to try to eat MUCH less processed foods this week. To do this, tomorrow I am going to grill up a bunch of chicken breasts to put on salads and eat for lunches and dinners. Lunch is always my tough time- pop in a frozen meal.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My goal for the week is also to start a morning workout schedule. I usually workout at night when I get home from work, but lately I just can't get it done. I want to just get up and get it over with. I want to burn about 500 calories per day to reach my 3500 total calorie burn goal for the week.

I am also training for my first 5k. There is one at our local fair in June. I am up to 3 miles in 30 minutes. Need to work on the timing a little. Want to do the entire 5k in 25 min or less.

One goal for the summer I have (may not get to it this week though) is to go mountain biking on a single track. I love going for bike rides. We have gone about 25 miles before (took all day) but that was on a paved path. My husband goes on the trails all the time and I think I would really like it. Seems scary and if you crash you can really get banged up, but I know it's really good exercise and seems fun too.
  • panslostgirl25
    Options
    So I have this app on my phone that is called Zombies, Run!! I've herd great things about it and will use it for my challenge this week! It sounds like a lot of fun. It's a runners app but with a story and music. :laugh:
  • Angelcakes2010
    Angelcakes2010 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goal is to start getting up before my kids and start exercising! I am trying to get past the tired stage and get motivated! I am currently 150 pounds 5'8 1/2 and would like to get down 5 pounds!
  • Amylosingit
    Options
    So I have this app on my phone that is called Zombies, Run!! I've herd great things about it and will use it for my challenge this week! It sounds like a lot of fun. It's a runners app but with a story and music. :laugh:

That sounds hilarious!! Let me know how it goes- haha.

I have a little one who just turned 3, and yesterday we made these awesome fresh fruit popsicles- they only have fruit and agave nectar so I was counting them at 50 cals a piece. Anyway, we both really enjoyed them for dessert last night! http://dandysugar.com/recipes/homemade-popsicles.
  • JMJohnson1005
    Options
    That sounds delicious...might have to try that sometime.
  • Satyrakk
    Satyrakk Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Your BLUE GROUP ROOM is now working! Please let me know if there are any problems!!

Also, I am missing weigh in info on several of you! Please post on the group room so the Statistics volunteer can get it all. Thank you!!!
  • Amylosingit
    Options
    Your BLUE GROUP ROOM is now working! Please let me know if there are any problems!!

Also, I am missing weigh in info on several of you! Please post on the group room so the Statistics volunteer can get it all. Thank you!!!

Yay!!