The Dairy Dilemma

Options
Has anyone noticed any weight gain or loss due to dairy? I'm attempting to limit my dairy intake to as little as possible, to see if that helps with my weight loss. I would love to hear other people's opinions about this. Thanks!

Replies

• marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Lol sometimes no one responds to my posts either :( Anyways, I usually eat at least 3 servings of dairy a day and haven't noticed it really helping or hurting weight loss. I've read articles that say that women who eat at least 3 servings a day lose more fat while maintaining more lean muscle than women who eat less than one serving. It's supposedly the calcium, dairy fat, and extra protein that does that. I have no idea if it's true, but I eat cheese, yogurt, milk, and cottage cheese all the time.
  • BustyTransformer
    BustyTransformer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Lol sometimes no one responds to my posts either :( Anyways, I usually eat at least 3 servings of dairy a day and haven't noticed it really helping or hurting weight loss. I've read articles that say that women who eat at least 3 servings a day lose more fat while maintaining more lean muscle than women who eat less than one serving. It's supposedly the calcium, dairy fat, and extra protein that does that. I have no idea if it's true, but I eat cheese, yogurt, milk, and cottage cheese all the time.

Thanks for the reply! lol Thanks for the advice
  • teena82
    teena82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm no help because I love my dairy to much to give up....lol! Just wanted to say waaaaaasuuuuuuup and give you some forum love!! Lol!!
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I cut back on dairy and grains and it helped my weight loss and decrease in inches too. However, dairy and grains are the main components of some of the things I tend to binge on too so whether or not it is the dairy or the fact I'm binging less, I do not know.
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do you eat full fat dairy already? I don't have a lot of dairy. But like a previous poster I read that those who eat it lose weight easier. I guess it depends if your intolerant to it. Cut it out for a few weeks and reintroduce it and see what happens.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I tend to gain more when I allow dairy in the diet. It's hard, because I love cheese. The problem with cheese is it is high in calories and loaded with sodium, two facotrs in weight gain. So I try to limit it the best I can.