Hardest part of 30ds?

Options
13»

Replies

• Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I agree with the side lunges/shoulder raises. What size wights do you use? I use 5 lbs for most of the workouts, but I generally switch to 3 lbs for these, especially the second set.

I used eight pound weights today but I found they were far too heavy.I will be switching to 3 pound weights for tomorrow. They were using small weights in the video.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Worst for me was the chair squats w/ a V raise OMG :sad: I hate those!! I have completed 30DS and am on to Ripped in 30:drinker:
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    The last strength bit - the chest flies are fine, but the arm raises are just vile! And the push ups...oh God the push ups...

I hate Jillian, but I also love her for making me do these things!:wink:

*this* I so agree with this.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Level 2 was the hardest but also my favorite when I did 30DS.
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Planks and jump n jacks.
  • verbalriot
    Options
    I agree - the push ups are killer but the hardest thing for me is actually sticking with it 30 days in a row...I am SO SORE the next day that I can't possibly imagine doing it again. I can't imagine doing the whole thing consecutively for 30 days.
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I can't even do a modified push up!!!! Horrible. And the side lunges are kind of awkward... plus holding both weights on that one is really hard so I usually only hold one weight with both hands for that exercise.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm not replying to these 30DS messages anymore. I'm afraid they'll revoke my man card.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Completed 30 DS. Stick with it. It does get easier after about a week. I am now onto Ripped in 30. Glad I did the shred first.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    personally the strength was the easy part, I could do that all day. the cardio killed me and my shins everytime. My calves get sooooo sore from jumping like that.

^^^ this! ^^^
    The strength part got easier for me as I progressed, but the cardio is painful! Guess I need to build up more stamina... Anyone do other DVDs of Jillian's that you like?
    I have her new kickboxing DVD - love it! I also use her buns and thighs and 6wk 6 pk yo mix things up! Love her workouts!!!
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 5 here. Jump rope is KILLER on my calves. :(
  • Robinw100
    Robinw100 Posts: 4
    Options
    Day 1 level 1- For sure push ups!! Also have a hard time with crunches, not sure if I do them all right or not..
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Man I hate rockstar jumps.