foods you eat?

Options
i have put in my details in the goals part to lose one and a half pounds a week,its given me my cals i can have a day plus fat carbs and protein amounts,my question is does it matter what sort of foods i eat as long as i stay in these guidelines?

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You need to have a well rounded diet including complex carbs, protein, fat, fiber, etc....you need to fuel your body.
  • dreadre82
    Options
    You want to avoid eating empty calories.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Technically speaking, no, it doesn't matter what you eat. You can lose weight on any kind of diet as long as you create a calorie deficit. HOWEVER, I think you'll find that if you choose a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins, you'll feel physically better, be able to exercise longer and harder, and you'll be able to feel more satisfied with fewer calories. Basically, by choosing healthy whole foods, you just make it easier on yourself.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    If you eat tiny bits of high calorie foods, you'll still feel hungry afterwards. But if you eat larger quantities of filling, nutritious foods, you'll feel satisfied for much longer, making all of this a heck of a lot easier :smile: