Females that lift.....

Options
2»

Replies

• avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Also, I found http://www.exrx.net/ to be super helpful in terms of finding different movements for different muscle groups, learning form, etc. If you're stuck on a lift and you're not really sure if you're doing it right, look up form tutorials on YouTube, and consider even videotaping yourself. You want to make sure you always lift with good form!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I would like to give weight lifting a try and have a couple of questions.
    What advice would you give a beginner?
    What do you do for abs? I know the standard ab exercises, but I have no idea of how to hit the abs with weights.
    How long before you started to see results?
    Thanks for any suggestions/comments! :flowerforyou:

I woudln't worry about the abs too much if you are doing compound lifts. Abs are made in the kitchen
  • arock1000
    arock1000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you go to a gym I would suggest meeting with a personal trainer for a few sessions. Tell them you want to learn about compound lifting so you can do it on your own. That way you'll learn the proper form and have someone to watch you that knows what they are doing. I used to go to small group personal training and they were very much into lifting heavy/compound so I learned a lot and do it on my own now. I also watched youtube for a refresher.
  • PinkKareBear
    Options
    bump
  • lhaas24
    lhaas24 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for your input!