NEW COMER

Options
Hi yesterday was my first day on a better me life change. It's always been very hard for me to stay on a diet, watch what I eat. I really need to loss weight cause I'm a diabetic and I lost both of my parents to it. And I want to live and enjoy whatever time I have in this world. So I must do it now.

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • hatrammell
    hatrammell Posts: 36
    Options
    My fitness pal is great for that. You get to actually see what you are eating instead of just guessing. I love it so far! This is also a great place for inspiration... you get to talk to people that have the same goals as you! Good luck and welcome!
  • Tanya8373
    Tanya8373 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi DI4224,
    I am diabetic as well (Type 1 since age 4) and it is difficult to lose weight when diabetic. That being said, MFP has been really good for me. I have tried every "diet" out there only to regain every pound and then some. But, I want to be healthy for my family and keep loving them for a long time. Not to mention my daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 4 also! So, I want to be a good role model for her as well. I am far from perfect, but I am trying..... ONE DAY AT A TIME!! Feel free to add me to your friends list if you like!! Best wishes & welcome to MFP!