whats your secret?

Options
what's everyone's secret to a successful weight loss?

I don't want answers like eating healthy and exercising..that's a given! lol

I wanna know what foods and which exercises :)

Replies

• LexieeLovee
    LexieeLovee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Working out before work... and taking 1shot of ACV!

started this about a month ago.. and ive lost over 15lbs.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    In Soviet Russia, weight lose you.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Calf raises.

female_hand_holding_model_cow_10chw0127cl.jpg
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

all of the foods, and purposeful efficient exercise like full body compound lifting routines and interval cardio
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Foods: less of it
    Exercises: yes
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Calf raises.

female_hand_holding_model_cow_10chw0127cl.jpg
    thought you were going to say eating smaller portions
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    baby steps and small goals

I knew I had to lose over 200lbs, but that number sounds impossible. I just pulled my sleeves up and got to work.
  • subeesh77
    subeesh77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Drinking a cup of warm water early in the morning before hitting the gym :)
  • philco41
    philco41 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Avoid processed foods, junk foods, eat whole grains, maybe track your fiber intake. I try to eat enough vegetables, pretty much avoid red meats, most saturated fats, and keep my sodium within limits. I'm not a low carb person, but I do find that often some carbs are among my leftover calories. BTW, I don't try to eat back all my extra calories. I have type II diabetes, so I try to incorporate some healthy snacks, especially mid-afternoon and early (before 9:00) evening. It has worked for me. I should add that I do find that the only place I regularly go over MFP suggestions is on protein.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Calf raises.
    thought you were going to say eating smaller portions

That too.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm not necessarily religious so to speak but "keepin' the faith" has been a huge part of it for me. :)
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I believe that it is something you must really want to do and are ready to commit the time, energy and will power.

Time - To think about the food you eat, how to change to a diet that is beneficial to losing weight without sacrificing taste and the enjoyment of eating. For me to be successful I need to enjoy the food that I am eating.

Energy - To exercise, I started exercising a little everyday and slowly built up the amount of time I spent exercising. Now the time for exercise is part of my daily routine, including rest days so your body can recover.

Will Power - To be consistent with the above two. I feel that consistency is the most important. Forcing yourself to make these changes everyday means that in time the better options you chose now become your new habits.

Support from your friends and family. Stay away from people who may tempt you back into habits that caused your weight gain (not for ever though). Break everything down into small chucks, consider your first goal is to lose 5lbs, then another 5lbs etc.

You have to keep going and believing the choices you are making now are going to improve everything about your life, not just losing weight.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I try to challenge myself in some way in every workout, whether it's running faster, biking longer, or rowing farther. I make a game out of it. I rarely have two workouts that are the same.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Drinking only water, except for almond or soy milk in cereal or smoothies.

Logging my foods before I eat them.

Great topic, so what is your secret??
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Heavy strength training.
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    working out in a HOT room, made me drop pounds like no other. and smaller portions. grapefruit in the morning, protein after a work out
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Making salads out of anything you'd normally put on bread. If you must have the bread, buy whole wheat pita. Yumm-o!
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Exercise: for me Insanity, but you need to find something that appeals to you.
    Food: Eat less then I'm burning.. But trying to eat in the right protions and right food. But I've never said I'm cutting myself off from anything. If I want a hamburger or Pizza or Chicken wings or beer. I'm going to have them just knowing that I'm going to have to work harder to burn it off. It's a lifestyle change not a Diet...

Also, I don't like it call "losing Weight." That implies it's something I'm going to try and find. Prefer the term Removing because I'll never find that fat I got rid of..
  • longhairpokem
    Options
    Staying @ 1200 calories a day ... Gym 5 days a week !!! started @ 288 down to 266 just over 30 days....
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and pasta - I must have them to keep up my positive attitude and I just make sure they fit in my calories or exercise to earn them. Make sure that what you are doing is sustainable long-term and don't try to rush it. Eat as few processed foods as possible. Go above and beyond when it comes to fiber intake - lots of veg, beans, and whole-grains. Avoid fast food and sugary drinks at all costs. Set short, medium and long term fitness goals - like a 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon sort of thing. Enjoy the ride. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!