miracle noodle??

Options
bschoo01
bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
I'm a pasta fanatic!! And only being able to eat it once or twice a week is crampin my style :/ i've heard of this noodle called the miracle noodle that is either very low or absent of calories... does anybody else here eat these? are they as good as regular noodles?

Replies

• raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I've had them a couple of times. They are blah by themselves but pick up the taste of whatever you combine them with. Kind of tasty. Probably more so for a noodle fan than for myself.
  • bschoo01
    Options
    and where do u get them? online? i've checked a couple of my local grocery stores and they don't carry them... :(
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Do you have any health food/ natural food stores near you? I've seen them at the food co-op that a friend of mine shops at.
  • bschoo01
    Options
    not that i know of... maybe if i go to the city... but in my small town i know of none! maybe i could look in the phone book and call around... still curious on other peoples opinions on how they taste before i buy them tho!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Tofu shiritaki noodles are probably pretty similar. The entire bag is 40 cals, one serving (very good sized serving) is 20. They smell a little off-putting at first, but you rinse them in boiling water a few times and toss whatever you like in. They're awesome in pesto, red sauces, soups...

GL!
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We have them here in Australia, they are called Slim Pasta, they are really nice, just the price isn't.... they have plans to sell in the UK, but I'm not sure where in the world you are??

Alli
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    www.miraclenoodle.com

You can also find very similar noodles (shiratake noodles) at many grocery stores including Safeway, and especially in Asian supermarkets.

I eat them almost everyday for dinner :smile:
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I was only able to buy them online but then I'm in Australia and there is a heap of stuff we don't get in the shops here.

As the first reply mentioned, they taste pretty plain, and smell a bit nasty, by themselves but once you've added your chosen sauce, they are fine... Even good! They just carry the flavour and give you the mouth feel of noodles.

I also bought the rice - haven't tried it yet but I'm not so keen... Same thing in a different shape I'm guessing but I'm pretty particular about my rice...
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have bought them from http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/ a couple of times. Good service, good prices.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    We have them here in Australia, they are called Slim Pasta, they are really nice, just the price isn't.... they have plans to sell in the UK, but I'm not sure where in the world you are??

Alli

I have slim pasta and miracle noodles - I bought both online. The slim pasta is dried and has much higher calories than the miracle noodles which are suspended in a watery solution. However, I love to know where you bought your slim pasta from... I'm in WA and couldn't find it anywhere!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    try shiritaki noodles or speghetti squash
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If there's a whole foods near you, we buy nooodles.. they're no calorie noodles that are refridgereated. They smell and have absolutly no taste by themselves, but are fantastic in dishes, especially stir frys and pasta dishes, like spaghetti. I love them!
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I did not care for the texture at all. I'd rather have a smaller portion of real pasta than the Shirataki noodles. I was a pasta fanatic too but I have learned to only have once a week maybe and I'm doing fine!
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you have a meijers, they have the tofu ones in the deli section, or the other ones there is a brand called Nooodle, and they are in the gluten free section. I have been using them they are def different but worth it to me! You have to drain and rinse them very well because they smell really fishy at first.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    These noodles are made from glucomanan. This is a soluble fiber that makes you feel full. If taken in large amounts can cause cramping and diarrhea and can interfere with the absorption of some medications so you should take your meds an hour before you plan to ingest the glucomanan. If you google Miracle noodle it will give you a link that you can search for a store in your area that carries them.
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    miracle noodle?? It's a miracle I made it to the bathroom in time! :frown: lol
  • ranger195
    ranger195 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How is the texture of these? Just looked at the site and Im about to order some but curious if it will feel like spagetti.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use them in place of pasta - not enough flavour, they are good in stir fries though because they absorb the sauces of the stir fry quite well.

BTW you need to RINSE them well and pat them dry (follow the instructions) otherwise they taste and smell awful.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    The smell was too horrible for me to eat them

Spaghetti squash is a good alternative
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Try them. I really love them.

Rinse them with boiling water to get off the smell and dry fry them with some veggie spray oil until dry , perhaps five minutes. Feels just like pasta. All depends on the sauce you eat them with.