miracle noodle??

Options

Replies

• ranger195
    ranger195 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We have been craving spagetti big time. But cant afford the calories. And this just might be the fix.

If the texture is close It wouldnt bother us about the taste. The sauce is what we taste the most anyways.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    I buy mine from Whole Foods. I like the Pasta Slim and Miracle Noodle brands, however, Pasta Slim is much cheaper.
  • JupitersGhost
    Options
    I've just had a look at the "Angel Hair Pasta" on the Miracle Noodle site. No carbs? No fat? No protein? How is this possible? Surely there must be SOME calories in it. It just sounds too good to be true..

However, if it really is true, I may have to save up and buy some..
  • shtaylor
    shtaylor Posts: 54
    Options
    Try them. I really love them.

Rinse them with boiling water to get off the smell and dry fry them with some veggie spray oil until dry , perhaps five minutes. Feels just like pasta. All depends on the sauce you eat them with.

I agree with above, they are great with any kind of sauce, The texture to me is similar to that of a canned mushroom, a little chewy but well worth the low cal count. I buy mine (shiratake noodle) at Meijer, they come in angel hair spaghetti and fettucini.
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you have a meijers, they have the tofu ones in the deli section, or the other ones there is a brand called Nooodle, and they are in the gluten free section. I have been using them they are def different but worth it to me! You have to drain and rinse them very well because they smell really fishy at first.

i do have meijer! i was looking in the asian part so thanks for telling me where they are!
  • toomanycurves
    toomanycurves Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I found some tofu noodles that were nearly calorie-free at Whole Foods. i cannot remember what they were called but I do recall that they smelled and tasted evil:devil: . In my typical rush, I probably neglected to rinse them long enough, something HonkyTonks sagely points out as necessary.
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody for ur input i think i'll take a look again at meijer and see what i can find! :)
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    amazon has them in bulk. They're okay, but the consistency got to me about halfway through.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Miracle Noodle brand but have had Shiritake noodles and thought they were disgusting. The smell was bad, the texture was bad, the taste was bad. Not worth it for me.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    try shiritaki noodles or speghetti squash

Spaghetti squash, on the other hand, is awesome!!! And totally satisfies my desire for spaghetti.
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have never heard of miracle noodles but I discovered shirataki noodles from a MFP friend who makes them the ONLY way anyone should ever make these! The tofu ones have calories(about 40 per bag) but the shirataki ones are made from a vegtable, not zero calories but close to. I found mine at the asian market, they are a lot cheaper their then at the big chain stores. They do come with a smell similar to tuna but if you rinse them in HOT water it goes away and you cannot taste it. I would recomend rinsing them in HOT water for a good 2-3 minutes and dry frying them. They will not stick, so you don't need cooking spray. They are awsome with sauce. Be sure to add spices like, onion powder, garlic powder, etc. I dry fry mine on high for about 5-6 minutes and then add in fresh vegtables and chicken. Super yummy!! Don't give up on them, they are awsome if made right! Good luck!!!
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have tried to eat them twice, both the shiraki and mircle noodles and they were soooo gross smelling I could not take it. I made them a couple of different ways but the texture and smell was just not something I could get past and I will am normally really good to try things and learn to acquire a taste for them but no thanks just cant handle these.
  • heidikat72
    heidikat72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've tried both the tofu shirataki noodles and the "miracle" zero cal noodles (NoOdles is the brand i think). I find them at my local Wegman's grocery store but that store has an awesome organic and healthfood section - they are in the refrigerated case. One word of advice - hold your nose when opening the bag - the initial smell is vile, they are packed in liquid that you have to drain and rinse well. And then squeeze as much liquid out as you can. Plain i think would be very bland. The tofu ones i use like traditional pasta - tonight i had them with a basic marinara and some vegan "meatballs". The zero calories ones i think are more similar to the clear "glass" noodles (sometimes called cellophane noodles) you see in asian cooking and i usually add those at the end of a veggie stir fry. they definitely help with the pasta cravings so I would encourage you to try them out.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I've just had a look at the "Angel Hair Pasta" on the Miracle Noodle site. No carbs? No fat? No protein? How is this possible? Surely there must be SOME calories in it. It just sounds too good to be true..

However, if it really is true, I may have to save up and buy some..

All fiber. :)
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    shiritaki (konjac) noodles... the texture is dodgy, but it does the trick!
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at these to buy. They are a bit pricey, but for no carbs or calories?? Wow! I'll take it. I love pasta!
  • Gergal73
    Gergal73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've heard of a brand called Carba Nada pasta. 140 calories for 1.5 cups and only 24 carbohydrates. I've not tried them, as I can't find anywhere that sells them. I just looked it up on-line and found this site:

http://www.aldentepasta.com/product-categories/carbanada/

Think I may order some and try it out. Reviews on this product seem to be on the positive side.

Has anyone on here tried this brand?

Thanks. :smile:
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Tofu shiritaki noodles are probably pretty similar. The entire bag is 40 cals, one serving (very good sized serving) is 20. They smell a little off-putting at first, but you rinse them in boiling water a few times and toss whatever you like in. They're awesome in pesto, red sauces, soups...

GL!

I had these a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if I didn't prep them right or rinse them enough, but they were disgusting to me! I stir fried them with some asian veggies. The texture was not good at all.
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I SO DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS! I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove pasta! I'll be checking out my local natural foods store soon!
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    I really enjoy these noodles. I eat them all the time. They are called "Shirataki", "Yam" or "Miracle" noodles. They come in different shapes of pasta. Some are transparent in colour while others are a cream or black colour. I prepare mine by rinsing them in hot water until the bad odor disappears then I spay my wok pot with Pam cooking spray and dry fry them to remove the water. I set the noodles aside and prepare whatever I plan to make them with and right before it is finished I add the noodles. The more you prepare these noodles the easier it gets. I have to stop my hubby and kids from eating them now because they say they really like them too.

I purchase mine from any Asian Grocery store (just google the name so that you can see pictures of how the noodles are packaged, because they come in a liquid, and bring the picture with you). The noodles are usually found in the refridgerator near the tofu. Also, your local health food store should carry them too.