whats your secret?

Options

Replies

• ajelove
    ajelove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Workouts: HIIT Cardio and lifting as heavy as I can
    Food: Eating small amounts frequently. Love carbs in the morning and low carb the rest of the day. Stop eating before 7 pm. Bananas fill me up well for a snack.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Staying @ 1200 calories a day ... Gym 5 days a week !!! started @ 288 down to 266 just over 30 days....

Off to a great start man. Unless you are under a doctor or nutritionist's supervision, I strongly urge you jack up your daily intake, to prevent issues before they start. 1200 is well below your BMR, and while you may lose weight rapidly eating that level, you may not be losing the right kind, i.e., fat.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    8oz of warm water with 1 T of fresh lemon juice morning and night.
  • Prefessa
    Prefessa Posts: 90
    Options
    I set a goal for 100 miles a WEEK of cycling to burn calories. After that everything else I do is about core strength, Resistance training and flexibility. I take exercise classes at the local YMCA....the social aspect and having the instructor push you through it with a little music helps you to be consistent.
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started with walking and then a friend told me about the C25K program (Couch To 5K), In now run 40-50 miles a week, every week. It is how I live my life, healthier than I have been in years.
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    it's a LIFE change....
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    - Exercising - running and strength training
    - I eat tons of salads now about 1 to 2 a day
    - My progress is slower than a snail but its better than going backwards :)
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i pick things up and put them down , i eat lots of protien yeah!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    eat less...move more, love your life.

let the scientists debate the whys,hows and wherefores.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    A mix of cardio and lifting. I believe strongly in both for muscle and heart health!
  • AbbyMRiley
    AbbyMRiley Posts: 31
    Options
    I drink 1.5-2 cups of water 30 minutes before each meal. I do not drink with meals unless its to take a small sip if needed. Don't drink for 30 minutes AFTER your meal. This allows you to feel full longer because the food doesn't turn into "slush" --its also easier on your digestive system. This also helps prevent extra calories and "snacking" while you are preparing food. :)
  • HappyHealthyDoll
    Options
    I have green tea at night if I am still hungry, it has zero calories and I workout 3 times a week with cardio and try to do my squats and stuff every other day. I forgot to weigh in this week so I'll do it monday, hoping for a big (good) shock!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    food? well, any food I want, really. and workout shifts depending on mood. generally cardio right now. elliptical is my go-to, but also use rowing machine, arc trainer, amt and recumbent bike.
  • Frock_Tart
    Frock_Tart Posts: 23
    Options
    In Soviet Russia, weight lose you.

^^^BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAWHWHWHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hobbesgrrr
    hobbesgrrr Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic and am now trying to eat more protein and less carbs. I also found that I am over on protein on this webiste. I haven't seen a diatician yet, but when I do, I will use the custom options on here to make it fit what I am told to do.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do HIIT, high intensity interval training on the treadmill 5x a week, and then inclinces on 10% and free weights 3x a week. (usually only take one day off)....no processed foods, no sugar or white flour. I eat foods with one word, chicken, fish, vegetable, fruit, eggs....oh yeah wine, its one word, just the red, just a glass. Water, water, water, water, 1 gallon a day. Lost 9% body fat, still going.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    also, I had a big bowl of neapolitan ice cream with a sliced banana on top every night the last week. sometimes a cup, but often probably a fair amount more. still dropped 2 pounds over the week. I believe it was the power of ice cream.
  • Vashawn001
    Vashawn001 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    what is AVC?
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    Setting a running goal of so many miles a month and allowing myself to eat ALMOST anything but watching portions like crazy.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Working out before work... and taking 1shot of ACV!

started this about a month ago.. and ive lost over 15lbs.

Is this Apple Cider Vinegar??? if so I AM TRYING THIS
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!