Looking for friends to motivate and keep accountable!

Options
I am 26 years old and am just finishing medical school. Although I learned a lot- school was not so awesome to my waisteline...I am hoping to get healthier for not only myself but so that I will be healthy to eventually start a family. I am 5'6 and 212 lbs. My goal weight is 145 as it is smack dab in the middle of the healthy bmi for my height. As it is a substantial weight loss and I know better than trying to starve myself. I expect it to take me 7-10 months to reach my goal, but I am super motivated! I'm doing 1300 calories a day and walking/running for 30 minutes a day (starting out slow with the running and will build up) for about 4-5 days per week.

It'd be awesome if you want to join me in this journey and motivate/keep eachother accountable :)

Replies

• stacyrenee29
    stacyrenee29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • supermom_2
    supermom_2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm with you girl!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It will take a while to take off that weight. I am with you. I want to lose 56 lbs. by the end of the year. Feel free to add me.
  • knewtown
    knewtown Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds like just what I need. I'm just starting out on these boards and starting yet ANOTHER diet. I've never stuck them out for too long. I'm a 5'6" full time teacher, mom of four, ages 11, 6, 5, and 4, weighing in at 225 today. UGH! Heavier than I have ever been, even when pregnant. I need the push from someone else because my husband always does the noble thing and tells me I look great just as I am. He, too, is overweight and not motivated to lose it, so maybe that's his reason. Either way... I need the push and someone to keep me on track. Would love to buddy up. My goal is to lose 65 pounds by Christmas.

Thanks!
  • Dr229
    Dr229 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi and count me in I am in school working on a doctoral degree and it is not a walk in the park and very stressful emotionally so I know what you mean.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Dawnrhkb
    Dawnrhkb Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey!
    Me too, needs a motivation team! Im here to help and recieve help!! Im a nurse, 230 lbs goin to get to 155-165!!! Lets help each other!!! :)
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    I know exactly what school can do to you. I put on most of my weight in college and seminary, and now I'm trying to stay healthy through my PhD program. Friend request coming at you :)
  • Dawnrhkb
    Dawnrhkb Posts: 2
    Options
    Are we related? You sound like me! I have four children -4,6,10 and 15. I work fulltime as a nurse and am going back to school. I never stick with a diet but feel THE TIME HAS COME! i AM HERE!!
  • PrettyMindy14
    PrettyMindy14 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you'd like you can add me :)
  • AngelofMusic13
    AngelofMusic13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I graduated with my bachelor's about a year and a half ago. It can be tough to stick to a diet and study. Let's motivate each other :)
    I wish you the best of luck!
  • 1stladygigi
    1stladygigi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined mfp today and am very motivated to finally lose the weight. I am 5' 5 and am ashamed to say I weight 245 ( the first step is to admit it). I have done the exercise and diet in the past only to get discourage because I was doing it alone, my husband and I work different hours so we couldn't go to the gym together sooooo, I stopped going. But now I am going to do it if I have to do it alone. This seems to be a place for encouragement and I thank you all for being so understanding and caring. Looking for any and all advice