Couch-2-5K May 1st

Options
Have you heard of C25K?:noway: Have you been thinking about doing it, but unsure?:ohwell: Well, today is the day that you say YES! :drinker: You can and will do it! :bigsmile:

:smile: More information on C25K: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
- You will find the schedule for the different running times
- You will also find a lot of other great information about health and running

So, here's the deal....Today the start of Week 1. I will be posting here daily (trying to) and posting the link for the spreadsheet on weigh-in day (Tuesday). Each week, you will be responsible for entering your weight into the spreadsheet. Use this thread as support and advice!

Add your name to the spreadsheet and then post the following on the thread:

Nickname:
:mad: Starting Weight/Time:
:love: Goal Weight/Time:
Why do you want to do this program?:
:drinker: Are you willing to commit?:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjOkoROCd8zNdENCcEpXQ0FvMHRVeGZ1aVRsc0FNa1E

Happy Running,

HgH.

Replies

• HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Nickname: HgH

Starting Weight/Time: 149lbs/14 minute mile

Goal Weight/Time: 140lbs/8 minute mile

Why do you want to do this program?: I am on a 4 month vacation and have gained some weight back since last being on MFP. I want to get back into shape and feel good about myself again and feel alive!

Are you willing to commit?: Yes yes yes X million

HgH
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Oh why not!!!
    I have entered myself onto your spreadsheet ... hope its right ... great fun.
    I started a month or so ago but have been out of action due to shin splints so was hoping to restart again tonight ...
    Don't know what my times are but will still give it a go. :bigsmile:
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It works, I started with it about 21 months ago. I now run 45-50 miles a week, have run 10 5Ks, a 7.5K, 2 10Ks, a half marathon and am training for a marathon that I will run in July. It really works!
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I have tried this problem twice and stopped around Week 4/5 because of outside circumstances. This time I won't quit! Love this thread!

Nickname: Jersey
    Starting Weight/Time: 147lbs/15 min mile
    Goal Weight/Time: 135lbs/8 min mile
    Why do you want to do this program?: One of my goals is to run a 5k this year. Also, I used to run a lot when I was younger...I miss it and want to get back into it! =D
    Are you willing to commit?: Absolutely!

Looking forward to running with everybody!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I added myself to the spreadsheet as well. I actually tried to start it a couple weeks ago but with some family drama got delayed, so I just restarted yesterday. I follow the treadmill schedule though and my display isn't working on it, so I'm not really sure how fast I'm running a mile, but I'm pretty sure it's pretty slow haha
    I don't necessarily have a goal weight for the end of c25k. I have learned the scale isn't always my friend, but the tape measure and clothes size can be haha
    And I have just never been a runner in my life. I am in better shape now than I was in high school and some of my worst memories in school were of having to run laps in gym class and thinking I was dying! I'd love to feel like I can run for the first time in my life! And I've heard lots of good things come from running, expect for the bad knees thing, but I'm overlooking that! lol
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Nickname: Jesi
    Starting Weight/Time: 253/ No time
    Goal Weight/Time: 125lbs/ 8 min mile
    Why do you want to do this program?: I've never been a runner and I want to change that!! Also really wanting to do a 5k this summer!!
    Are you willing to commit?: Yes!!

I started a month ago but stuff came up! Was planning on starting again!
  • paxier
    paxier Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    there is also an app for this programe too!! good luck everyone :-)
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    I have an old school ipod classic so can't download any app's as technology wasn't guite there with mine hehehe ... but still downloaded the podcasts ... they are great!
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    WoW!:noway: I am so glad others have decided to join in on this life journey:flowerforyou: ! I thought I was going to have to do it on my own for a little bit there. :ohwell:

Today was Week 1 Workout 1 with C25K and I absolutely hated it, but loved it at the same time. My chest started hurting, my stomach was bouncing everywhere, and I almost peed myself towards the end:blushing: because I was pushing myself so hard, but this is the first time I felt ALIVE in a long time. :bigsmile:

So, this is to the new me, the new you, the new us!:drinker: We will no longer let life pass us by...:heart:

:drinker: We only have one body, one life, and many opportunities. Let's take opportunity by the hand and run with it!:drinker:

HgH
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    I have an old school ipod classic so can't download any app's as technology wasn't guite there with mine hehehe ... but still downloaded the podcasts ... they are great!

You can even make your own podcasts if you are tech savvy :tongue: I had my friend make me one!

HgH
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Nickname: Myjourney2
    Starting Weight/Time: 258/ no time yet
    Goal Weight/Time: 170 / 8 min mile
    Why do you want to do this program?: To prove to myself I can do it ! Part of my journey to health and fitness.
    Are you ready to committ? Absolutely!

Started earlier this evening. Wow, what a wake up call! I have a lot of work to do in the coming months!

Added myself to the spreadsheet.
  • shannonmeika
    Options
    Nickname: shannonmeika
    Starting Weight/Time: 125lbs/just go with the flow
    Goal Weight/Time: 120lbs
    Why do you want to do this program?: I've been overweight my whole life and in the past year Ive lost over 42lbs, 16lbs since joining MFP. Ive never ran in my life but recently purchased a treadmill.
    Are you willing to commit?: Yes!
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    So, I went to bed last night thinking that my workouts did not phase me...I woke up this morning so sore! My stomach especially. I am doing the 30 day shred with C25K and main, I can feel the burn from the ab workout. Tomorrow I will be completing W1D2 of C25K. How is everyone else holding on?

I decided today that I wasn't going to weigh myself until next Tuesday - crazy I know! But, I figure it would be interesting to see how much weight I actually lose in one week instead of constantly checking everyday.

Day 1 JM / C25K
    Day 2 JM / Weight Lifting
    Day 3 JM / C25K
    Day 4 JM / Yoga
    Day 5 JM / C25K
    Day 6 Rest
    Day 7 Rest

HgH
  • homeechez
    homeechez Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So I have tried this before and have failed! Is it too late to join? I just want to make sure it is cool before I add myself.

I have C25k, and 30 DS. That should be enough. For now.

:)
  • glonigan
    glonigan Posts: 82
    Options
    I wouldn't mind joining if there is still room as I am a newer runner
    Nickname: Grady
    Starting Weight/Time: 172lbs / 28 Minutes
    Goal Weight/Time: 155lbs / Sub 25 minutes

Why?: I let everything else in my life become a priority over my health/life and finally woke up last year. I have never been a runner prior to the start of 2012 and am currently on pace for my first 5K on June 2. I am currently running at roughly 28 minutes for a 5K and am trying to get down to an 8 Minute Mile. From there my goal is to lengthen my runs and work towards a my first marathon in Dec.
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    So I have tried this before and have failed! Is it too late to join? I just want to make sure it is cool before I add myself.

I have C25k, and 30 DS. That should be enough. For now.

:)

Hello!

Yes, you can join :D Just add your name to the spreadsheet. Welcome abroad!

Happy Running/Shredding,

HgH
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    I wouldn't mind joining if there is still room as I am a newer runner
    Nickname: Grady
    Starting Weight/Time: 172lbs / 28 Minutes
    Goal Weight/Time: 155lbs / Sub 25 minutes

Why?: I let everything else in my life become a priority over my health/life and finally woke up last year. I have never been a runner prior to the start of 2012 and am currently on pace for my first 5K on June 2. I am currently running at roughly 28 minutes for a 5K and am trying to get down to an 8 Minute Mile. From there my goal is to lengthen my runs and work towards a my first marathon in Dec.

Welcome abroad!

It is great that we are now realizing that health and fitness should be our first priority! For without it we would not be well enough to spend time with friends and family.

HgH
  • homeechez
    homeechez Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Nickname: Homeechez

Starting Weight/Time: 260

Goal Weight/Time: 230

Why do you want to do this program?: My friend and I signed up for a 5K and this is good training. Plus it gets me off my butt and hopefully back into working out.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Nickname: mrseelmerfudd

Starting Weight/Time: 202.3lb

Goal Weight/Time: Not sure yet. Possibly 180lb, but may drop it.

Why do you want to do this program?: Fitness reasons- do a lot of sport and despite this, my fitness is still poor. so want to boost it.

Are you willing to commit?: Yep
  • twoboys2012
    Options

You can even make your own podcasts if you are tech savvy :tongue: I had my friend make me one!

HgH

yeah ... na ... def not tech savvy ... but i reckon Rob is pretty good on it and works for me ...

You are so motivating ... I get like that right after my exercise and endorphins are racing ... love it!!!