Losing weight without working out?

Options
I recently had surgery to get my gallbladder removed, and I am unable to workout until I am healed. I was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions on how I can keep up the weight loss momento?

Replies

• TrishaAvina
    TrishaAvina Posts: 48
    Options
    Just continue to watch the calorie intake, if you normally do excercise maybe adjust your settings to sedentary for now that way it gives you an accurate amount of calories to shoot for while you can't excercise. :) Good luck on the recovery!:flowerforyou:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just keep an eye on food intake. Also, can you maybe go for small walks once you're starting to feel better?

I hope you heal quickly and well!
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    Can you do any upper body exercise? Like lay on your back and do chest flys? Small weights and drop out to the side and bring them back up?
    Can you do leg lifts?
    I don't know when you had your surgery....if recently you shouldn't do anything. But if you are a couple or a few weeks out you could probably start with something like the above. Ask your doctor.

Good healing!
  • lauralaurafish
    lauralaurafish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I recently had surgery to get my gallbladder removed, and I am unable to workout until I am healed. I was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions on how I can keep up the weight loss momento?

*momentum.

Sorry, it just irked me and my true nature is being a grammar nazi.

As for the actual topic, I would say just stay under the calorie goal and you should lose weight, just not as easily or fast.
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I take care of gallbladder patients. You may not be able to get in your heavy workout, my guess is you have been banned for 6-8weeks depending on your doctor. You can go for walks though. Take a nice easy walk through your local park or your neighborhood. :wink: You may not get the intense cardio workout that you usually do, but at least you are moving a little. Start short distances and gradually work your way up.
  • TayteA
    TayteA Posts: 3
    Options

*momentum.

Sorry, it just irked me and my true nature is being a grammar nazi.

As for the actual topic, I would say just stay under the calorie goal and you should lose weight, just not as easily or fast.

Ha! Sorry, it's the pain killers.
  • TayteA
    TayteA Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips and well wishes!