Suggestions for re-energizing my weight loss?

Options
Ok, so, I've noticed that it doesn't matter if I eat 1,500, 1,400, or 1,200 calories plus exercise, I still tend to hover around the same weight. Even when I don't eat my exercise calories, it will drop one day then be back the next. I've tried including strength training and upping my cardio. I've tried entirely new cardio exercises. I don't know what else to do.

Part of my issue is that I lost most of my weight without much exercise at all. I mostly changed my food habits so I'm more frustrated than I should be at this point, I think.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, please don't judge me on today's calories. LOL I just celebrated my graduation at dinner!

Replies

• sailorsiren13
    sailorsiren13 Posts: 460
    Options
    bump i'm right there with you it takes me a month to lose a pound and then i will be up and down three for another month
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    interested in this thread-- i lost my weight via food changes and exercise, but i'm now in pretty much the exact same position. i've started lifting weights 2-3 x wk, i do interval speed running and zumba (but still try other cardio classes to give my body new things!), and i've tried eating higher calories (1950 + exercise cals) and now i'm at 1550 cals plus exercise cals. ;'(

i lost a good chunk of my weight by eating 1200 cals + exercise cals.
  • mlanser08
    mlanser08 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eliminated anything "artificial" in my diet and that seemed to help me. I buy everything possible organic and natural, I felt like my body recognizes it better than the Smart Ones meals and such that I had started out eating. It is a tad more expensive but I see it as an investment in myself. That is what works for ME, just an idea.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Not an expert by any means...but what has worked for me recently after feeling much like you right now....

-Changing up my diet a bit - restricting carbs more - focusing on adding lots of veggies and lean meats

-Changing my exercise routine - more strength training worked in with cardio - also varying the cardio workouts.

-Focusing on other "measureables" instead of just the scale...clothing, body measurements, etc...NSV's

-Reminding myself every day that this is a lifestyle change...I did not get this way overnight, and I am not going to change overnight either...I personally think this is the biggest thing that has helped!!

Good Luck :)
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I eliminated anything "artificial" in my diet and that seemed to help me. I buy everything possible organic and natural, I felt like my body recognizes it better than the Smart Ones meals and such that I had started out eating. It is a tad more expensive but I see it as an investment in myself. That is what works for ME, just an idea.

I would tend to agree this works for me. I haven't eliminated everything but I've come a long, long way from eating tv dinners like I used to every meal. I have had digestion problems in the past so I don't know if it's because the fruits and veggies come back out so fast where as the other stuff stayed in for days and days or what.
  • connie3408
    connie3408 Posts: 18
    Options
    In the same place too.....
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some of the suggestions, already! I have definitely tried cutting down on artificial "foods" like sweeteners and preservatives. I eat about a thousand times more healthy than I used to just a few years ago. :)

Also, I have lost a lot of inches but try telling my doctor that inches matter when I'm still 5'3" and 180(ish) lbs after almost a year. I know it's not all muscle, either. I'm very bottom heavy so my weight is obvious. :|

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions and still looking for more!
  • heathercicle
    Options
    Bump!
  • heathercicle
    Options
    Well, I think I figured it out. I'm sabotaging myself. I eat great all day then I totally over do it at dinner. I need better self control at the end of the day. Also, I need to stop eating all of my exercise calories. I need to be saving some of them, at the very least.