Now that I've been working out ....

Options
Now that I am no longer "sedentary" - I have been working out 6 days a week, should I go back and adjust my activity level in my profile?

Replies

• tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yes. You definitely should. Your body will require extra calories and protein to recover from your work outs.
  • tstawicki
    tstawicki Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    YES! It will tell you you get to eat a little more too!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    no just eat back your exercise calories
  • cruiser3004
    cruiser3004 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    No just eat your excercise calories :-)
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I consider myself sedentary because of my daily activity... meaning my job. ( I have a desk job)

I still work out usually every day, but then I eat back some of my exercise cals.

So I would say NO.
  • alliewowie
    alliewowie Posts: 31
    Options
    When you work out and add it to your exercises on the site, it automatically gives you extra calories to eat. Your activity level basically means what you do with the rest of your day, like whether you have a physical job or sit at a desk all day.

Hope that helps, good luck!!!

:D
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    If you are eating back your exercise calories, leave it alone. If not, adjust.
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I think the idea of the "sedentary lifestyle" is about your overall everyday life. If you are sitting at a desk for 10 hours a day (like I do most days for work), then no. Your work out is to help you lose weight, get toned, be fit and get in shape. Just eat back your exercise calories on the days you work out. Still lets you eat more without changing your profile lifestyle, and it's a more honest evaluation. You are not likely changing your entire life (i.e., quiting a computer job to be a firefighter).

I have continued to lose weight doing just that. Seems to work! I eat back exercise calories (also keeps you motivated to keep exercising). :happy:
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    no just eat back your exercise calories

This. I love logging my exercise and seeing the increase in calories. I use a HRM and it keeps me honest. The same workout can vary by over 50 calories so staying at sedentary and logging my exercise helps me be as accurate as possible.
  • Tyeckia
    Tyeckia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing about changing my lifestyle in my profile. I usually eat back my exercise calories anyway and since I've been on here awhile, I just went ahead and added an extra 250-300 because of what I was reading on the site and I'm doing fine with that so far. I still might go and change it, though, next month.

I have also been using a HRM for the past month and it has helped me out TREMENDOUSLY! The calories I burn are now accurate and I see exactly how much I burn to see where I need to be with food for that particular day.:smile:
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    No, your activity level is determined by how much you're moving BESIDES your workout. This means that if the workout you do everyday is the only time where you're active, then you should put your activity level at sedentary.

i have my activity level as 'lightly active' because I'm in school and walking from class to class and to/from work gives me about 60-90 minutes of walking per day. I don't count that walking as part of my exercise. You should only count deliberate exercise for calories burned.

Hope this helps!
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am glad I have been doing this right! I basically sit all day and workout out so I have mine set at sedentary and eat most of my exercise calories back. It' working for me!