TDEE calculator

Options
I found a tdee calculator at calorieline.com. http://calorieline.com/tools/tdee. Anyways, it is pretty cool. I put in my current statistics, then put in my goal weight. It give my current REE (I guess similar to BMR) and the REE for your goal weight. It then give a chart of calories to eat at various exercise/ work lifestyles. These are calories to eat to get to goal weight and the calories burned with the day to day lifestyle. Now it doesn't give calories back for exercise or anything. It is just a target calorie goal overall. For me it said with my lifestyle. Ie deskjob brisk walk 2 times weekly and moderate gym work,I need to eat between 1800 and 2024 calories. I am going with the lower one as that is the shaving off calories to lose weight faster but is still higher than my bmr. I wanted to use this calorie goal in MFP and not eat any exercise calories back. Is that the correct way of thinking? MFP got kinda confusing plus gave me a 1200 calorie goal which I wouldn't be able to be at although it gave me extra calories for exercise. This is so confusing. I don't want to eat too much or too little. So far I'm doing about an average of 1800-1900 calories and it is working. Also MFP doesn't log calories for strength training, but I work up a sweat. That is why I kinda want to have a static calorie goal and monitor it through MFP.

Replies

• jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Thanks for sharing this!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    curious as to what others think about this.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    thx you!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I like the way they break up all the various activity levels. It is right in line with where I have mine set, so a nice confirmation, thanks!
  • lucky1304
    lucky1304 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. When I first started MFP, I was eating 1200 calories a day and constantly starving. Was eating back exercise calories but was training for a half-marathon and DRAGGED during all of my runs. I recently bumped up to 1650 for a variety of reasons, and that feels doable over the long haul, but I can't shake the concern that it's too much food. Which is probably a whole different problem... Of course, this just gives me a whole bunch of new numbers to mess around with. It's all getting pretty confusing.
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This calculator is telling me I should be eating about 300 calories MORE per day than MFP is telling me. Right now i'm on a plateau. The thought of eating more calories a day scares me?
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Bump!