Ellipticals

nettie23
nettie23 Posts: 42 Member
I am looking at 2 Ellitpicals Pro-Form ZE7 Elliptical & Nautilus E514 Elliptical Trainer Any suggestions which one would be better

Replies

• monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    In my experience, cheap exercise equipment feels that way (like a $200 elliptical from Wal-Mart), and in that regard both of these look like decent options. It looks like the Pro-Form has a wider range of motion with the circular track and a sturdier base.
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    I am also looking for suggestions...glad I found your post today!
    :)
  • nettie23
    nettie23 Posts: 42 Member
    In my experience, cheap exercise equipment feels that way (like a $200 elliptical from Wal-Mart), and in that regard both of these look like decent options. It looks like the Pro-Form has a wider range of motion with the circular track and a sturdier base.

I am leading more towards the Pro has it has an incline and the other one does not
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    because i wanted good quality equipment but couldn't afford to pay the higher prices, i shopped Craisgslist. my entire home gym came from craigslist ads and i have no regrets thus far. top quality equipment for second hand prices. i find that a lot of people have the money to spend on top quality but not the motivation to keep up with it. their loss is my gain. they want their space back and i get a reasonably priced piece of equipment. so far, i've gotten a treadmill, elliptical (that i love, love, love) and a recumbent bike. good luck...
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    I have a golds gym elliptical and love it. I had a proform one before and it was great too, but I bought it used and it broke so I had to buy a new one, it would have been to much to fix it. I think you should go to the store and try out the floor models at like sears, kmart, walmart ect and pick which one you like best.
  • mrsmile00
    mrsmile00 Posts: 2
    We just recently purchased a Schwin 430. We got it from a used sports equipment store and it's great!! I'm 5'2" and my husband is 6'2" so we needed something that would fit our different strides. It has many options for different training programs or go at your own pace.
  • proctorcj
    proctorcj Posts: 31
    Maybe look into a refurbished Precor off of ebay...I bought a refurbished one and couldnt be happier.
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    I've owned a Nautilus (not sure of the model now) for about 9 years now and have no complaints. We've put lots of revolutions on that puppy, though until I started MFP my weight was not greatly affected by its use.