Anyone only eat 3 meals?...

Options
Hey all I was just thinking...

So I usually eat around 6 meals a day, 2 of which are snacks but I think I snack more when I do this, maybe I should just do 3 meals a day. I know its not as good for your metabolism but does anyone have success with this? Thanks :happy:

~Leash :heart:

Replies

• EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great eating 3 meals a day. I do eat a snack, but it's usually an apple or some cantalope, which amounts to nothing, but keeps me full. Oh and drink your water.. it'll make you feel fuller. Good luck Suga!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i like the 5-6meals/snacks a day routine.....it allows me to graze all day esp if I'm eating very correct portions on everything......then i just snack or munch every 2-3hours keeps me full and happy plus its a good boost to the metabolism :flowerforyou:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I just eat less for the 'main' meals - breakfast, lunch, dinner/supper.

But, I know some people who, when they went from 3 meals to 6 meals a day, still eat the same quantitiesfor their main meals, PLUS their 3 smaller meals/snacks, which kind of defeats the purpose.
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I mix it up. I do 5 small meals a day for 2 weeks then switch to 3 meals a day for 2 weeks. It works well for me! :flowerforyou:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I only eat 3 meals. I do snack in between though. I try not to go more than a few hours without something.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I eat 100x a day! Okay, it just seems like it. :laugh: I have to eat a lot to get in all my calories or I start losing too much.

But I'm not so sure that it's horrible for your metabolism to eat every 3-4 hours. For most people, that's 3 meals and a snack.
  • jess8549
    Options
    I eat 3 meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but have 1-2 snacks daily. Usually Breakfast is a homemade mini burrito and a banana, snack banana, lunch leftovers and grapes, snack apple, dinner. Sometimes, if I'm really hungry I'll have an evening snack too. I like popcorn because it's salty and calmes cravings, but doesn't have many calories.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Anytime I've tried to eat 3 meals a day (every diet I've ever been on), I eventually failed. Now I eat pretty much constantly...at least it feels that way.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 5 to 6 a day but work has been so busy for months and I just can't sustain it! I'll pack a snack and end up eating it with my lunch since I was in a meeting and couldn't eat it earlier. I often end up doing the same thing with afternoon snacks and dinner.

I'm also pretty tired of snacking through-out the day and not really getting to sit down to a meal so I'm trying to compromise. I'm eating three solid meals a day and, if I have the time and I'm hungry, I'll grab a really small snack like a Kashi bar, a piece of fruit or a triscuit and some peanut butter.

Anyway, I'm hoping it will work since it certainly is easier to manage my life when I'm not trying to find time to eat every three hours. It's also easier to come up with tasty, healthy recipes when I'm not depleting my calorie allowance on mini meals.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    The whole goal is to have a calorie deficit. Weather it's in 3 big meals or 6 smaller ones I try to hit or come in below my calorie goal.

I eat three larger meals, but I have 3 other snacks too. Somedays are different that others, I don't really care as long as I'm hitting my nuritional goals. I'm skeptical of increased metabolism from 6 smaller meals, and the starvation mode theory. And at my weight I don't think it matters a whole lot.
  • sabbles
    Options
    I eat 3, sometimes with a very, very, light snack. I drink water to feel full. My problem is snacking, and I'm a hungry girl. Smaller meals throughout the day make me even more hungry, and since I'm cooking yummy meals for dinner, I want to be able to eat a full portion. :)
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    I eat 3 meals + 2-3 snacks per day as I cannot go without eating for too long and do not like to feel stuffed at meal times. I can't eat a lot in one sitting anyway and usually end up hungry within 3-4 hours. I find that this works for me as I am a student and in constant need of fuel walking around the city, thinking, and exercising everyday. :smile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I eat every 3 hours, give or take, for 6 meals a day. Really 3 smallish meals and 3 snacks.

I don't have as much to lose as I once did, and when I exercise I can really feel it and I get really hungry. I stayed at the 1000 calorie deficit for too long and probably depressed my metabolism, so now I'm pretty careful to eat regularly to try to keep it up. I think it's workng,,, I feel great and my workouts are going well. :smile: