Louis-Miss-Tex MFPers??

Options
Stephendw9
Stephendw9 Posts: 88 Member
I'm looking for ways to keep me motivated and I'm hoping the surrounding community of MFPer's from Louisiana, Mississippi, & Texas can help. I just went on a 3 week challenge and came out very disappointed only dropping 4 lbs in the process with a few inches. I know the food of the local culture is killing my weight loss goals and no matter I workout for 2 hours or 20 minutes, I feel there is little change week in and week out.

If you feel you can help me stay motivated, challenge me, or provide healthy options for the local flavor of the south, please feel free to add me. :-)

If you aren't from La, Miss, or TX and still feel you want to help me out, feel free to add me as well.

Replies

• maryporter41
    Options
    hey it looks like you are doing great and 4 pounds is 4 pounds keep it up !!!
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm currently living in the ArkLaMiss...but moved from Houston,Tx....Feel free to add me! I'm creole and to say the least that influences my food choices :/
  • hatrammell
    hatrammell Posts: 36
    Options
    I had this book (and I can't remember the name of it) that my mom gave me. It was something like "Low-fat homemade"... but when I started looking through it, it was the same recipies I was used to but with fat free everything! Kinda seemed like a rip off, but maybe you can try different low-fat stuff to make some down-home meals? I'm not sure if this helps, but just want you to know that we support you and that you can do it! =)
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Texas all the way and I love food from Texas! It is very hard sometimes to break my southern food habits, but i still make the same recipies i just sub for extra lean beef or turkey instead and i use butter substitutes, and stuff like that so it is not the great stuff, but pretty close :) I just take the regular recipes and mark off the bad stuff and replace it with good stuff. hope this helps! :wink: