Greek Yogurt question?

Options
13»

Replies

• kensylvia
    kensylvia Posts: 1
    Options
    Chobani is delicious! I love the vanilla. It's super high in protein, and among the brands I've looked at, the nutritional info was by far the best.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I tend to like the fruity ones, but my mom literally lives on Oikos Vanilla. It tastes really good, all the Oikos do.
  • bkbradford
    bkbradford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chobani is by far my favorite greek yogurt.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon Oikos plain greek. I found Chobani plain to be disgusting and *correction fruit kinds not bad, but the vanilla and honey was disgusting.
  • magistra12
    magistra12 Posts: 22
    Options
    I LIVE for Chobani Vanilla with granola. I eat it every single day for breakfast, and sometimes as a snack or dinner. It's kind of an addition lol.
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    For me Oikos or Chobani. I keep my snacks at 100 calories or thereabout and the servings sizes are perfect. Oikos are a bit better for the protein.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I eat Liberté's Greek Yogurt or the PC brand of Greek yogurt, with fruit. I never try to buy anything plain or regular. :)
  • denisem0316
    denisem0316 Posts: 16
    Options
    Okisois Dannon Vanilla is the best Yogurt I have ever had and will never switch again. Before that it was Medetrianian but the Fat content was too high for my diet!
  • srathfelder
    srathfelder Posts: 28
    Options
    I eat the plain Fage 2% with honey, fresh fruit and sliced almonds or Alpen Muelsi and it tastes great. The Trader Joe's 2% is really good also. I tried the fat free and I just couldn't get used to the texture and the flavor.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Chobani and Fage
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    I really love Chobani. It's amazing. But it gets really expensive to buy (especially when you get fancy with the fruit cups) but if you get it in bulk it isn't too bad. I would also recommend Yoplait Greek because it tastes really good (but doesn't have as much protein as Chobani).
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I am jealous of all the options you guys seem to have over there. I am going to have a closer look for a lower fat one next time (wish ours were labelled with things like 0% so I don't have to read the nut info of each one!), but things like key lime pie flavour sound amazing.

ETA: I use yoplait greek by the way. Its ok, but doesn't seem to have much protein compared to how much people usually say is in greek yoghurt, especially for the amount of fat and cals you get from it.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Fage is by far my favorite. I know you said you like vanilla, but stay with me for a sec.

I get the plain and add some brown sugar to it. It's almost like vanilla. I suppose you could add actual vanilla or vanilla extract to it, but all I ever have here is the cheap stuff for baking, so brown sugar sounds a lot more appetizing.

Add some sugar free vanilla syrup to the fage- it's really fantastic!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Greek gods, original honey or fig flavors are delicious-but I for one love stonyfield as well, I don't know from a non-yogurt persons perspective. Greek gods are pretty creamy and sweet though.
  • ljc73
    ljc73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0% plain -- and i add a couple of drops of french vanilla stevia (liquid) sweetener. YUM!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Chobani. I hated greek yogurt until I tried that one. I still prefer it with a quarter cup of granola in it, but that's a texture thing.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Chobani. Fat-free, plain. It is soooo stock full of delicious protein. It is a little bit sour. But mostly I just use the Greek yogurts for my protein shake so the sour taste is covered up by frozen blueberries! Fage is also excellent. I don't buy anything by Dannon. I don't trust that company. Just my opinion.

Maybe I should try my Chobani with toppings. I wonder about Stevia. I've never tried it. I love good old fashioned honey. But the calories are big and so are the carbs. Oh woe is me!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    OK I have tried Dannon Vanilla and today I tried Stonyfield Vanilla. OK Stonyfield was horrible, I checked the date because it tasted spoiled, but it had 3 weeks left. Just gross. Is there another brand that people find good? I like just the Vanilla flavor. Thanks

i love stonyfield Oikos. haven't had the vanilla, but the caramel is top notch.
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Chobani here! The pineapple one is my favorite!
  • cowgirlzride
    Options
    Chobani. ESPECIALLY the blood red orange.