On a Mission!

Options
Hi; I have just joined My Fitness Pal, and I love it. It is so easy to log in your progress. I can keep up with my daily exercise and calories. I am so thankful to run across this web site.
Well, I am 50 and My Paramedic, Boyfriend just left me for a skinny 30 year old.
So.... I have to pick myself up, put my big girl panties on ( as my sister says) an deal with it. I am not that much over weight, only 20 lbs. But it has been very hard for me to get them off.
Revenge is a powerful motivator.
Please send words of encouragement!

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's one of the greatest websites on the web. YOU CAN DO THIS! :drinker:
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes in many forms -- so take it and run! Good luck with your weight loss! :flowerforyou: And be sure to take advantage of the exercise endorphins -- they're addicting!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I like that your taking the bull by the horns and handling the break up so well. I'm sure it's hard for you, but everything happens for a reason, and you're gonna come out on top and then he'll just be miserable with a skinny 30-year-old lady.. Older girls are the BOMB! Most of my friends are 40 and up and these girls know how to handle their sexuality and boy toys.. I envy them. Good luck babe!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    You can do this! It will take time but it is well worth it. And although revenge can be a good motivator to make a change you also have to be doing this for yourself. You are worth looking and feeling great! :flowerforyou:
  • bapaige
    bapaige Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Way to go, girl! However, if he didn't love you with an extra 20 pounds, you don't need him anyway! You use this as motivation and show him and everyone else just how wonderful you are!
  • Pearl911
    Options
    Thank you for your kindness and words of support. I can't tell you how much that means to me.