Need a buddy!

Options
Okay, so I'm a full-time teacher and mom of four kids ages 4, 5, 6 and 11. I've tried dieting in the past and have never stuck with it. I'm the competitive type so I need someone to push me and give me a challenge to beat. My husband tells me I always look great regardless of the fact that I'm 65 pounds heavier than when we met and at the heaviest I've ever been. UGH! Anyone willing to kick me into gear and get me going on this journey?

Replies

• rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hey , Ill help motivate you...someones gotta keep you youngsters in line..... : )

It's not a diet...it's a lifestyle...master that....and you master your goals
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! the more the merrier!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone reading this!) Started this journey on my own and am 1/3 of the way there. Can always use more friends to push me further down the line.
  • marydb0000
    marydb0000 Posts: 43
    Options
    You can add me too! It's all about how you look at it. I hate the word "diet". This is a lifestyle change for you. Stick with it for 6 weeks and it will become your way of life. Promise!!
  • chellefatfree
    chellefatfree Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends.....more friends = more motivation!!
    feel free to add me!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me if you like :) I had my son 4 months ago and trying to get rid of my pregnancy weight off. I pretty much work out by my self and its really hard to get motivated. We can motivated each other.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm a full-time teacher and mom of four kids ages 4, 5, 6 and 11. I've tried dieting in the past and have never stuck with it. I'm the competitive type so I need someone to push me and give me a challenge to beat. My husband tells me I always look great regardless of the fact that I'm 65 pounds heavier than when we met and at the heaviest I've ever been. UGH! Anyone willing to kick me into gear and get me going on this journey?

Husband opinion not relevant. This applies in most situations including weight loss.
    Set your goals. Set a time frame.
    I know a little about the 4 kids thing. Very demanding.
    Take them with you when you can. Play can be exercise.
    80% of your potential success starts in the kitchen. Don't eat what they eat. They are different. They have dietary needs that are different than yours.
    We raised 4 sons. My wife never left the asylum and still managed to maintain the weight and fitness. It is possible.
    Takes work, and in your case, scheduling. Don't let any of it slide once you set it up. The kids and your husband will be fine.
    They need you. Take care of yourself first. My view. Good luck, really.
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Good luck to you!
  • bosulli1
    bosulli1 Posts: 33
    Options
    feel free to add -- that goes for everyone! the community really helps :)
  • Favor123
    Favor123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how much have yo lost since you join in March?
  • beth_jones
    beth_jones Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • lucy9962
    lucy9962 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm always looking for support and want to also support others.