No weight loss over 2 months

Options
So I started dieting 2 months ago, then joined MFP a little over a month ago, and I still have yet to lose any weight... Help! I exercise 6 days a week for about an hour a day, and am usually under my calorie goal of 1300. I rarely have soda, and when I do it's diet. I drink about a litre of water a day, and try to eat as healthy as possible (most of the time). So... What am I doing wrong?! It's so frustrating! And it's not 'muscle growth' because I've always exercised

Replies

• brian1229
    brian1229 Posts: 28
    Options
    I would say you aren't eating enough. Under 1300 calories is way too little for exercising 6 days a week, and you appear to be fairly close to your goal weight, which means you need a smaller calorie deficit. I would try upping the calories to 1600, maybe even 1800 depending on how much you are burning during exercise.
  • HisBoswell
    HisBoswell Posts: 12
    Options
    I only burn about 200 on days I just walk, but honestly anything above 1400 seems like it's way too much
  • cowgirlzride
    Options
    You have no weight to loose. Maintain right there,
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile pictures It looks like you don't have much, if any, to lose. And the last few pounds are the hardest.

That said, some potential things to consider
    1. Track your sodium: i noticed a lot of pre-made items in the diary which could be high in sodium causing you to retain water.
    2. Eat back your exercise calories
    3. You could be underestimating portion sizes. Invest in a scale (even just a cheapo one) and weigh portions
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fitness expert, but from what I am told, it's those last 5-10 pounds that are usually the hardest. Plus, the smaller you are the harder it is to lose. Try switching up what you are eating. I nixed carbs for a few days and that helped me out a lot. If your diet is on point and maintainable i would try exercising at a higher intensity. You said you only burn about 200 calories most days.. i think your body is just used to the workouts so switch it up!
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options

I agree
  • HisBoswell
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try to cut back on carbs for a bit and watch my sodium :)

I may be considered at a healthy weight, but I'm really dissatisfied with how I look, so I'd like to lose that last 10-20 lbs, which of COURSE are the hardest, haha.
  • bdubs125
    bdubs125 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! you don't have 10-20 lbs to lose!
    IF you are unhappy with how you look, try toning and muscle building, in which case you will have to go by measurements/body fat % and not lbs.
    really though, you look great and truly don't seem to have lbs to get rid of.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try to cut back on carbs for a bit and watch my sodium :)

I may be considered at a healthy weight, but I'm really dissatisfied with how I look, so I'd like to lose that last 10-20 lbs, which of COURSE are the hardest, haha.

10 to 20 pounds will most likely put you at a very unhealthy weight. My suggestion is to not concentrate on the scale and concentrate more on toning... Go to the gym and start a body building regimen... No, you don't want to be hulk hogan but if you want to look fit, it is not weight loss that you need right now but more muscle mass.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for a while back in January. Some friends started doing the 30 Day Shred. I started and have lost 1-3 pounds a week since. Try it, you'll like it.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    you don't seems to be that fat anyway, what's your body fat? perhaps it's the muscle mass that causing this.

also you don't eat enough, it's possible that your body clings to fat as it signals that your not having enough calories, it's your body's survival instict.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Maybe instead of losing the last 10-20 lbs, start lifting :) You'll look better at a higher weight.
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have a bad problem with water weight gain. So I have been watching my sodium forever.. and still it seemed like I would take two steps forward and then 3 steps back. Very frustrating it is when you are exercising every single day and eating within your calorie limits and it seems that nothing helps. So someone told me that sugar can cause you to retain fluids just as bad as a high sodium diet does. So I began to watch my sugar and keep it within MFP limits and in 3 days I have lost 6 pounds. So evidently there is something to that statement. Maybe this would help you. I was at the point where I would try anything because all else had seemed to not work for me. Everyone is so different but I wouldnt hurt to try it.
  • HisBoswell
    Options
    I've been meaning to get into strength training, but it's difficult since I quit my gym.

I've noticed that too with sugar, and I desperately need to cut alot out, but it's such a weakness of mine, grr...
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    First of all, I agree with a lot of the posts, you look great!! Looking at your food diary, I was wondering if you are a vegetarian? I don't see much or any meat or protein. You may want to up your protein levels, also things like regular pasta and pasta sauce quickly turn to sugar leaving you feeling hungry. Try switching to whole wheat pasta and make a simple tomato sauce from scratch that you can control the sugar level. Keep up the good work tracking and you will do great.
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options
    I may be considered at a healthy weight, but I'm really dissatisfied with how I look
    Skinny looks good in clothes... fit looks good naked.

It's time to get off the scale and start doing some weight training! It doesn't matter what the scale says if what you see in the mirror makes you smile. :wink:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Have you calculated your bmr and tdee? Without those I have no clue if 1300 is too much, not enough, or just right :) in general, I'd say if stuff isn't moving you gotta lower calories or be more active
  • londanfudd4eva
    Options
    So I started dieting 2 months ago, then joined MFP a little over a month ago, and I still have yet to lose any weight... Help! I exercise 6 days a week for about an hour a day, and am usually under my calorie goal of 1300. I rarely have soda, and when I do it's diet. I drink about a litre of water a day, and try to eat as healthy as possible (most of the time). So... What am I doing wrong?! It's so frustrating! And it's not 'muscle growth' because I've always exercised
    u look great maybe u dnt have anythind 2 lose or perhaps u shoul measure
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

I agree

So totally agree. Honey, you're beautifully slim... if you want to be more muscular, lift some weights and eat some more. Otherwise, I'd say you look awesome.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

I agree

I agree too. Your body looks perfect. Wish I looked like that.