whats your secret?

Options

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Working my AZZ off and preplanning my meals and taking them with me...Leaves room for error....Everyone has a secret with success...you just have to find what works for you!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't have secrets!

Lifting HEAVY and always trying to lift heavier.

Wait, I do have a secret: I don't log my vitamins even though they have calories because otherwise I won't take them out of laziness.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, just cut back some on the sugars. Then I cardio my butt off, literally; walking, running, swimming, bike riding and weight lifting. Usually burn anywhere from 700 to 1500 calories a day.
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    8oz of warm water with 1 T of fresh lemon juice morning and night.

Interesting, why? What is this supposed to do?
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eating Steel Cut Oats for Breakfast
    My Measuring Cups & Spoons
    My Food Scale
    Downing 3 cups of water with my main meals 
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    8oz of warm water with 1 T of fresh lemon juice morning and night.

Interesting, why? What is this supposed to do?
    They say it helps you lose a pound a week...but I thought is was with cold water and 10 oz..lol
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Drink water.
    Plan ahead when possible.
    (Completely contrary to the above) If you aren't in the mood for what you planned- substitute. I don't believe in torturing myself. (Planned a run, wanted to bike instead; planned chicken, wanted fish instead)
    Sleep.
    Variety.
    Music.
    Friends and accountability.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    pickles and cottage cheese(not the low fat kind though, that's nasty)-low cal and extremely filling!

Walk EVERYWHERE you can feasibly that you'd normally bus/drive to. A 40 minute walk burns a lot more than you think, and it adds up over time.

TREAT yourself-If I want chocolate, i'm gonna eat some fricken chocolate. I just make sure to work half of it off and log in in MFP- for me, deprivation just leads to binges.
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    keeping my go to foods at home, and taking them with me when I go somewhere. Switching to Almond milk, I crave sugar and sweets and used to drink a ton of milk even though 1% or skim was always craving more and then of course something sweet to go with it. I know longer crave sweets like I used to once I switched to almond milk......lots of protein such as greek yogurt, cheese sticks, low sodium turkey. And BEANS BEANS and more beans.......I was always hungry at first and keep beans in the fridge and will sometimes just pop a 1/4 cup in the microwave and have them when I am starving and they fill me up forever!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Keeping insanely accurate count of every single calorie I consume. And then make sure I stay below my alloted calories for the day.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Discovered I love exercise and working out at the gym! 7 weeks ago I couldnt get off the couch without help. Today I started c25k.
  • lovepe
    lovepe Posts: 14
    Options
    bump
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Heavy lifting: 4day split routine with increasing weight goals
    Lots of cardio: Interval resistance and half marathon training with weekly mileage goals
    Eats: Increased proteins significantly while reducing fat and getting most of my carbs from fruit sources and protein packed dairy while keeping track of weekly percentage goals.

Pattern: Consistent goals that change with my fitness and wellness level.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I no longer go the grocery store and buy $80 worth of snacks. I do enjoy the occassional treat, but since its not stockpiled in my cabinet, I can't overdo it.
  • toddramone
    toddramone Posts: 6
    Options
    Lots of answers. Here are a few thoughts:

A) Don't eat "perfectly" healthy if perfectly healthy causes you to break down and binge on junk food. Allow yourself treats. You can always make them fit within your calorie plan. (unless your "treats" consist of gallons of butter or entire deep fried chickens)

B) Make your health a hobby. Communicate on sites like this -- if you care enough you'll pull it off.
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Running 5x/week & keeping string cheese, yogurt, apples & bananas around as my "go to" snack foods.
  • Tet005
    Tet005 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For me:
    Food- Tuna (or any white fish really), Almonds, and TONS of vegetables!
    Workout- MIX IT UPPPPP!! The same old things become so banal! Spin class, elliptical, yoga, swimming, weight training! TRY IT ALL!!!!
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Developing OCD over weighing food and body, counting calories eaten and burned. And nice long uphill hikes. Now I splurge money that I used to spend on makeup and bath stuff on fun fitness stuff like a HRM, good running shoes, the p90x set, sexy free weights.....ugh now I am addicted to shopping at fitness stores.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter - you just need to find something that you can keep doing for the rest of your life.
    Don't eat too much or too little. Do some exercise.

It really is that simple!
  • bmirob
    bmirob Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!