A long road ahead

Options
Hi...I've been using this site for about a week now and it's really helping me a lot. I'm currently weighing in at 315 lbs and know that I have a long road ahead of me. I was recently told by my Dr. that If i don't do this I may not be around to see my 6 yr old son grow up as I'm starting to have a lot of health problems. That really scarred me and is my motivation to get my life changing event started. I think this site is just what I need to help me along the way.

Replies

• Jooles
    Jooles Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi...I've been using this site for about a week now and it's really helping me a lot. I'm currently weighing in at 315 lbs and know that I have a long road ahead of me. I was recently told by my Dr. that If i don't do this I may not be around to see my 6 yr old son grow up as I'm starting to have a lot of health problems. That really scarred me and is my motivation to get my life changing event started. I think this site is just what I need to help me along the way.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Welcome!! You may have a long road ahead of you, but congrats on making the decision to start the trip!! This site is great, use it, read it, meet people and keep smiling....YOU WILL GET THERE! :-)
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a great site, it will really help you. Just remember portion control and exercise.
  • snakeskin
    snakeskin Posts: 21
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan! Best of luck to you, and remember - water is our new best friend!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jooles. I know you can do this. You have a great motivation but remember that you are doing this for you too. You will begin to see how much better eating healthy food can make you feel.
    Because all moms are heroes you are being a great role model for your son.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome:flowerforyou:It may seem like a long way ahead , but this is an easy way to get fit and healthier again, that the weeks will go by before you know it.