Ripped in 30 Results!

Options
13»

Replies

• bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job! What do you plan to do next? X

This week I started "New Rules of Lifting for Women" and will be lifting heavy weights 3 times a week. Although the book doesn't recommend it, I will also be continuing my cardio while I am doing NRL4W. I am running my first 10K at the beginning of June so I have to keep my running training progressing as well. Then at the end of the summer, I plan on running a half marathon.
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Am I reading right that you did Week One, 6 days in a row. Then Week Two...for 6 days, etc.?

I thought I needed a rest in-between. (Going by everything I've learned in the past)

Okay, I will work on my 2nd night in a row of WEEK TWO tonight if that is the way you did it!

Finally, a question for you, or anyone else reading this: There are some other favorite upper-body dumbbell exercises I like (And I go for the heavy and the BURN) - Do you think those are okay to do, also and in addition to this maybe on alternate or at least 3x/week - or am i going to burn myself out with all of that!?

I look forward to any input on the above.

Thanks again for sharing your story and photos with us. You are an inspiration!

Her videos are designed to do almost every day. I did her videos Monday through Saturday, rested Sunday, then did the next level Monday through Saturday, etc. There isn't any super heavy lifting so it's ok to go every day. The weight training program I just started requires a day of rest (from lifting) between each workout.

As for your other question...about doing extra exercises with heavy dumbbells...if you feel like you can, then I would try doing them in addition to the video, but only 2-3 days per week. Like I would do the video every day (with one rest day per week), and add your extra exercises Mon, Wed, and Fridays, or something like that. Try it out and see how you feel. But if you feel so sore the next day it makes it hard to do the video, then I would say its too much. Just listen to your body. You don't want to overdo it and cause injury.
  • suziemaus
    suziemaus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Again, a GIANT Thank you, bobbi jo! Exactly what I wanted to hear and what I thought might a reasonable and logical solution.

But, guess what? I just ordered her 30 Day Shred. Couldn't resist doing so after reading some other threads. Just want to see it for myself and add to my collection. Looking to drop 10 lbs. Maybe 12.

I think I will like this forum - once I learn how everything works here and get to know some of you.:-) :smile:
  • MamaRose40
    MamaRose40 Posts: 1
    Options
    You are making me want to try ripped!!! Absolutely Amazing!!
  • amanday88
    amanday88 Posts: 68
    Options
    Amazing results I am about to start level 4 tomorrow! I hope I have as good as results as yours :)
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Amazing results!! I'm on week 2 but I'm doing it 3 times a week as I am doing strength training Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays! Hopefully I'll have results like you have :) x
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That belly! Those legs! Damn, I can't wait until my DVD comes in the mail. This is such great motivation. :flowerforyou:
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    really nice results, great job :)
    Im starting my 30D this May, i was wondering how many calories are burned doing Level 1, have any ideas?
  • kindred_fawn
    kindred_fawn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW nice work! Im on day 2 of Power 90. Its amazing the results in such a short time. Ive been stuck at the same weight of 78kg for nearly 6 years, but thats my fault I stopped working out. Not anymore!!!!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    wow fantastic results
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    you definitely have me convinced to start RI30!! hopefully my hamstring will heal fast enough so i can start this soon!
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    Dang you lost a lot of weight , you look good ! :D I'm only on day 3 of my 30DS . I walked 2 miles at incline this morning , and will again this evening . Very inspiring ! :happy:
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    nice! great work. Keep up the good work.

YOU LOOK AMAZING
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I started the first week of Ripped in 30 a while ago, and life kind of got in the way, so I got off track from this program.

This is definitely an inspiration to give it another go!
  • Chelsbe212
    Chelsbe212 Posts: 5
    Options
    GREAT WORK! I wish I could make it through the entire 30 days. I have done both workouts and was never able to prove it. You kinda make me want to try again! (actually TRY this time, though). Did you find yourself energized all day by running in the morning? I am so not a morning person, I don't know if I would stick to it.
  • MrsCrystal84
    MrsCrystal84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing! Thanks for sharing your success story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!