30 DAY PUSH! Who's in? ;)

Options
Hey everyone! So I've heard a lot about the 30 Day Push challenge. It is something that I have decided to do this month, personally! Starting today (5/1). If anyone else is interested, the guidelines are as follows:

From 5/1-5/30, those participating:

-Push to eat a healthy and balanced diet... This includes PLENTY of water and of course protein!!!! And limit that sugar!!!!!
-Push yourself to workout HARD, and to do better with those workouts every day!
-STAY OFF THE SCALE!!!!! Weigh in once on 5/1 and log, and then weigh in again on 5/30 after the challenge is complete.
-Take DAILY pictures of your progress. These can be shared, or they can be kept to yourself.

So.... :) Who's in?

Replies

• herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ahhh come on, slackers!
  • Sc8356
    Sc8356 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am leaving for vacation on 5/24 so I will weigh in then I'd that is o.k. I need something like this. I have 7 lbs I would like to get off by summer.

Off to run!
  • jlw404
    jlw404 Posts: 1
    Options
    I will join! I need to lose at least 10lbs a month for the next 4 months, so I can treat myself to a nice vacation and be prepared for my cruise! Thanks for the challenge!
  • NavShakur
    NavShakur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok I am in,

i started my healthy push today.

Yesterday i overate :(

Today is the day Wooop.
  • gemini0689
    gemini0689 Posts: 28
    Options
    im in!! add me as a friend ppl!!!
  • Misery03
    Misery03 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    im in
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fantastic challenge. I am in!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not!... but you mean I can't get on the scale for 30 days!?! :sad:
  • Silkyslim50
    Options
    I am in!! I need this and the motivation as well!!!
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would love to join but It will be hard not to check the scale but this will be a great push to NOT check the scale because I need to get out of that habit.. So I will give that part a try but as for the rest of the challenge I know I can do it.. NEED to lose 10 lbs this month and I reach my first goal.. Then another 5 will be at my ULTIMATE goal but for now reaching my main goal ..10lbs has to go. WHOOT WHOOT..
  • kimdoes
    kimdoes Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm in! I start my vacation May 24th as well, so I'll weigh before and after just to get an idea of how bad I did while away. I don't have a problem not weighing lol I just hate breaking it to myself everytime. Good luck!!
  • MsClaudiaMarie
    Options
    I'll give it a try!! Staying off the scale will prob be the hardest LOL! I am constantly stepping on it.

I know horrible! But IM IN!
  • meme4d2
    meme4d2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in! Kinda screwed up with the healthy eating thing already today (yes, by 9:42 a.m. What can I say? Boo to cravings!). But rest of the day is still ahead of me, so here goes! :-}
  • elenanelis
    elenanelis Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in! :smile:
  • Sc8356
    Sc8356 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Should we have a daily check in?
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    I would love to join but It will be hard not to check the scale but this will be a great push to NOT check the scale because I need to get out of that habit.. So I will give that part a try but as for the rest of the challenge I know I can do it.. NEED to lose 10 lbs this month and I reach my first goal.. Then another 5 will be at my ULTIMATE goal but for now reaching my main goal ..10lbs has to go. WHOOT WHOOT..

I have problems with checking the scale too, sometimes. I weighed in today at 190.... then I hid my scale in the back of one of my cupboards and am going to try my hardest to not weigh myself (I have been weighing myself twice a day for the past MONTH! So this will be a tough one!). WE CAN ALL DO THIS! :)
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Should we have a daily check in?

SURE! :) Maybe we should log our calories burned / any calisthenics time, and log your likes and dislikes about your diet for the day. :)
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    30 Day Push - Day 1 Checkin

Weigh in: 190 lbs

Waist: 31.5
    Hips: 40
    Thighs: 24
    Arms: 11.8
    Chest: 38

Workout:

60 Minutes Yoga
    52 Minutes Elliptical Trainer
    75 Minutes Weight Training (Full Body; Legs, Arms, Back, and Core)
    49 Minutes Walking
    20 Minutes Stretching
    150 Minutes Cleaning

Calories Burned: 2774

As for my food intake, I am quite proud of myself! I have been making choices to up my protein intake and of course, choices to lower my sugar intake. I am also shooting for lowering my sodium! Lots of Tuna :) Whole Grain Rice, Protein Shakes, Peanut Butter (natural), Fruits, Veggies, and Low Sodium Black Beans! :) Not to mention, trying to get more Fiber in my diet, also!

I am still at work, so my water is increasing. I am hoping to get between 18-20 glasses of water down total (I am at 13 glasses at the time of writing this).

How did you all do today?

OH! And by the way, I started my own Instagram account for this challenge. I figured it would help me in regards to keeping my photographs and keeping my updates!

Username: missheatherfitness

Took my Day 1 photos (front, side, and rear view). Figured I can use that to keep my updates! Anyone wanting to do the same, feel free to join me! I use Instagram with another account usually... I just made a new one for this challenge, specifically! :)
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    im in, but i started mine on monday and i go away on the 28th so i shall post my final results then!! jst completed my day3 of the 30ds and can bearly move lol, plus i dont drive so i walk everyday, and may time to time get on the tready for half an hour!! all i gotta do now is stick to the healthy eating and cutting out my sugar, but considering i cant move my arms thats a good thing cos i cant put anything in my mouth!!! lmao :laugh: :bigsmile:

lets do this thing!! :happy:

30 day push - day 1 check in

weigh in: 131 lbs

waist: 34
    hips: 40.5
    thighs: 24
    arms: 11
    chest: 34