My 'No Weigh May'.

Options
So, for the last week, I haven't dropped any pounds. I am the type of person who, every time I go into the bathroom, will weigh myself at every chance I get. I found myself becoming increasingly depressed.

I've made a challenge for myself. I will not weigh throughout the month of May (apart from one cheat on the 14th, my wedding anniversary, when I had a goal set and want to see how close I got to it) and I'll weigh on the first of June to see how much I can achieve without constant scale watching.

Anyone else bummed by the scale lately?

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    how funny.. i made that goal for myself this morning lol i'm on board :)
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! A lot of people are on board with this, and I'm all in!

I'm not going to lie, though, this is going to be very difficult for me. I'm looking at it as a good exercise to tune into how my body feels as opposed to what numbers pop up on the scale (which lately I think is broken anyways, it seems to give me wildly different numbers from day to day, unless my water weight fluctuates in a crazy way).

Perhaps I'll reward myself with a nice, accurate scale that measures body fat, bone/muscle mass, and hydration at the end of the month if I don't look at my old one...heck, might as well throw it out now...
  • kristen__
    kristen__ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is the plan for me! I am going to still record my cals and exercise four-five times a week but not be so crazy about it. It will be my test to see if I can actually maintain my loss and maybe lose a little more without letting the number on the scale dictate my week :) Good luck!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • bran2011
    bran2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing! Ok im in with you but also im going to check my measurements...i think I might have my husband hide the scale!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, I looked in the bathroom yesterday morning...and my scale was GONE!

I haven't said anything to my husband yet, but I know he's the culprit. (And I really need to thank him for it.)
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I haven't seen any negative movement on the scale since 4/20. I'm so down for this.
  • philly_rack
    philly_rack Posts: 33
    Options
    I just signed up for a few challenges including losing 10 lbs this month, however yesterday i told my hubby that i was not checking the scale all month. I have been stuck at the same weight and the scale just makes things worse. I am totally in. All i'm doing is taking my measurements (- weight) every 2 weeks.
  • LReReed
    LReReed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm all in in too!!! I haven't lost any lbs since the end of March and have been pulling my hair out every day when I jump on the scale. I can tell that I'm still losing inches. But, I just can't take seeing the numbers stay the same when I know I'm eating right and exercising 4x a week.