Couch to 5K NSV

Options
Just to encourage those who are thinking about Couch to 5K - today I ran for 30 minutes without stopping: 2.33 miles. May not be a lot to some regular runners, but for me, who just a few weeks ago, thought she was going to die after running for just 90 seconds...it's a miracle!! ::NSV dance:: :bigsmile: (We really should have a "NSV dance" smiley!)

Replies

• getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    so happy for you, thanks for posting, very encouraging
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    That's great! I finished C25K in February - and I ran 6.2 miles on Saturday!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    What and accomplishment!! I started a modified c25k yesterday evening and like you, could barely run 90 sec.
  • nwickart82
    nwickart82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I started it Monday and just about died. I will welcome the day when I can get to 30!! Great job!! :happy:
  • jreimund
    jreimund Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm in the middle of the program and am very pleased with my progress. It's amazing how far I've come! My first practice 5k is this weekend!!!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I felt great yesterday after running for 20 minutes straight. Now that 30 minute 5K doesn't look too far away.
  • kmfolkins
    kmfolkins Posts: 64
    Options
    Awesome. Week 8 now. Also thought I would die at 90 seconds.
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome job!!! WTG! I'm looking forward to the day when I can say that I've run for 10 or 20 or 30 minutes without stopping.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! I am trying to make it through week 5 and I feel like my legs are going to fall off! LOL! :sad:
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    It is a wonderful feeling. Congrats! I'm on week 8...and like you, never thought I'd make it past W1D1!

:noway:
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! :D
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Im on week 2 of C25K and I can't wait to be where you are at now! I hardly ever ran even as a child. It just wasn't my thing. Then I put on all this weight and "run" became a 4 letter word! lol Im working on it though, slowly but surely. Congrats on your nsv! And I totally agree that we need an nsv smiley!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I agree on the "NSV dance smiley"!
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That's very inspiring. I quit smoking in January so I secretly would love to start running. Right now I'm focused on building up some endurance (brisk walking/30 day shred) but my next goal is the Couch to 5k.

Congrats!!
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    That is awesome! Doing the NSV dance with ya :)
  • DianatheRed
    DianatheRed Posts: 41
    Options
    My sister and I started doing C25K two weeks ago. We both thought we were going to die! This morning we got up and ran for 4 minutes and felt great about it :) I know I have a long way to go, but this is the first day I feel like my body is getting the hang of it!
  • aurora4124
    aurora4124 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just did W4D2 and it was easier than Monday when I did day one. I also thought I'd never make it when I started on week one. What a wonderful program, and a great feeling when you make it!! Congratulations!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am going to do W5D2 today. That means I will be doing W5D3 on Friday which is the first 20 min straight run. I am sooo nervous about that! I am going to have to dig deep.

The program really does seem to work though. I am pleased with my progress so far.
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I'm on w2d2 and I'm happy with my progress so far but I look forward to actually running.. And for a good amount of time and distance.
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! Well done... I quite smoking just a few weeks ago and straight away started on Cto5K... I still have a long way to go, but this post is encouraging.

This morning I did the 2 min run, 3 min brisk walk and repeated. And then did a 40 min brisk walk home. That is great for me, I could not have managed that in the first week.

Thank you for the encouragment. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!