NSV: a clean bill of health and new pants!

Options
samntha14
samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
I started this journey in January. Yes I didn't really like what I was seeing in the mirror, but my health was beginning to deteriorate. I'm only 33 and I would often say, "I an too young to feel this old. When I would mention wanting to lose weight or get fit other people would say, "but you're not fat." At almost 32% body fat, I wasn't exactly healthy either. Anyway, I developed "insulin reactive hypoglycemia" and "hypersomnia" basically putting me in danger of passing out or falling asleep at any given moment. I was tired, groggy, had absolutely no energy and was basically NO FUN to be around. Dr. Said to loose weight and get fit. The hypoglycemia is perfectly controllable by diet alone. I didn't react well to the medication for the other thing, so I just deal. I didn't listen to the Dr, at first (diagnoses back in November), but when I went pants shopping after Christmas and went up yet another size to a 14 (I'm only 5'6'') well that was my breaking point. Seems shallow, but there it is.

Saw the Dr. Last week and got a clean bill of health. I haven't had any episodes with my blood sugar since January, and even the hypersomnia is under control (went from 14 symptomatic days a month to 4 days a month.) BLood pressure is awesome, cholesterol is great and I was pronounced fit and much more healthy... and last night I bought size 9 jeans ( I haven't been a size 9 in about ten years, since before my first son.)

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    what great news-- good job!
  • samntha14
    Options
    thank you!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Sometimes we need a health scare to get our butts in gear.

Congrats!
  • julesx66x
    julesx66x Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the good work :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    So glad you are becoming healthier! AND that you're into a size 9! That must be an AMAZING feeling! You're doing a great job!!!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That is awesome...and size 9 pants?! I can't wait!!!
  • samntha14
    Options
    THanks all!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!