My first NSV !

Options
I've actively been using this site for about 6 weeks now. I started at 134.3 kg (296 pounds) and have managed to reduce down to 128 kg (282 lb). As well as eating better and less, I've tried to get exercising. I used to do a lot of walking when younger, fitter and lighter. Six months ago I moved to the South-West of England in a beautiful area (see photo below from this morning) , but getting my house sorted out and bad winter weather meant I did not do any exercise at all. So I started walking again 5 weeks ago - at first I was struggling to complete even 1 mile before my lower legs were aching very painfully. I have slowly increased my distance until today I managed to walk a complete circuit around a nearby reservoir (3.6 miles, 5.8 km) which took me just over 1 hour with a 5 minute sit down half-way. Now that I can do this circuit I have a wonderful route to carry on walking and improve my fitness further!

dartmoor.jpg

11058634.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's the way it goes, one NSV at a time! Keep going!
  • stella_julia
    Options
    Good job. Crossing small milestones keeps us motivated. Keep up the good work
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job, keep it up! Before you know it you might be running it!
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Fantastic. Sometimes when I'm walking I feel like I'm floating, it's that different from when I was carrying 30+ more lbs! Great job!!!
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Superb! Cheers to your progress! :drinker:
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    High 5! Way to go!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    That's great :) Keep it up!!
  • Amuggsy78
    Amuggsy78 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work and you'll be there in no time.
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    so happy for you! enjoy your NSV! and here's to seeing many more!!!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome...
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Those are some of the best NSV's! Way to go!
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress!

Dealing with leg and joint pain can put a damper on the enthusiasm level, to be sure. I complained of the pain early on to a friend that is about my age, who was having to exercise and diet due to weight gain associated with an injury. He encouraged me to keep pushing through the pain (as long as it was not a sharp or intense pain), treating it as a rehab process. At the time I was unsure, but it turns out he was right.

Be proud of your progress, it does get easier. You've some beautiful scenery for your walks.
  • mlts10
    mlts10 Posts: 32
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up!
  • shellrocker12
    shellrocker12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrat's!!! Feels great doesn't it?!!
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement :)
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishment, and for finding a beautiful path for future workouts!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Congratulations from the other end of Cornwall! Keep at it :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!