Need some advice regarding insanity!

Options
Hey All,

New to the forum! I know there's plenty of posts on the insanity workout (shaun t) but i couldn't really find a situation thats unique to mine. So i was hoping I could receive some advice from you guys.

I started insanity in Late feb and did it for about 4 weeks, but had to take a few days off throughout those weeks (about 7-8 days). I figured it was best that I start the program over (after taking a week off) and really stick to it this time around.

So last week was the completion of my third week, but unfortunately I got the flu this weekend and i haven't done insanity for the last 3 days, and most likely I might need to take the rest of the week off. Do you guys suggest that i Start it over again for a third attempt? Or just pick up where I left off?

Thanks!!

Replies

• jamjam15
    jamjam15 Posts: 3
    Options
    Btw - I'm concerned whether its useless doing the same exercise over again or just moving onto month 2 exercises.

thanks again!
  • mlts10
    mlts10 Posts: 32
    Options
    I would just pick up where you left off. I don't think a few days or a week will make a huge difference. I'm doing Insanity as well and I miss a day or 2 here and there and I'm still seeing results. Also I can't make it through the entire workout either without taking breaks, so I think you'll be fine.:smile:
  • jamjam15
    jamjam15 Posts: 3
    Options
    glad your still seeing results after the breaks. that sounds great, thanks!
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up the program and have certainly missed a few days here and there and either jumped back where I left off or would repeat the last workout done. But since you are about to start the second month I would suggest redoing the previous week ( week 4 ) over. The only reason I say that is because month 2 is a greatly level of exercise and longer workouts! If it was me I would give myself another week at month 1 to build up to month2!

Good Luck
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey!! i did two rounds of insanity!! i love it. Great job on sticking with it :) I would recmmend redoing the current week you are on. Month 2 is a killer and redoing the week you are on will be helpful for when you start month two. If you are looking for extra motivation, I have a ladies only support group on fb and we would love to have you. Send me a msg if you are interested :) We have some ladies doing insanity in there :)
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am with Tadpole, just start the week again. It's sickness and it will happen throughout your fitness journey.