Looking for love in all the wrong places!!!

Options
Sunny_Sunflower
Sunny_Sunflower Posts: 136 Member
I am 24 years old, female and just broke up with my boyfriend I have known since 2nd grade. He was very unsupportive of me and I finally woke up one morning looked over and noticed that he was pushing poor food choices and laziness. I know a lot of people on this site have met lifelong friends and companions on here and I just want people who are in a similar starting over situation that I am. Maybe I can meet people that we can discuss our new journey with. :)

Replies

• Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Good choice. I'm proud of you.

Sometimes in life, the people around us aren't moving forward at the same speed as us, so you have to leave them behind.

Just keep moving forward, walk tall and be happy.
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Listen - what you are doing takes a lot of courage and strength. I'm so proud of you. Your posts inspire me every day to want to work harder and be better at this. Don't get discouraged!!! You deserve to have someone who will be supportive of everything you are doing, not try to sabotage you and pull you off track. I truly hope you find someone as awesome as you. xoxoxo
  • Sunny_Sunflower
    Options
    You guys are definitely my new closest friends on this site for sure. Next to Diselevins and BCACheerleader and Knobles22 you guys are amazing!!!! I enjoy talking and hope we continue checking in and talking more :)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Now I have that song in my head. :/

Leaving long term relationships can be very hard. Stay strong and best wishes to you.
  • dannytheman
    dannytheman Posts: 63
    Options
    Good luck and I would run on my own for a while before jumping back into another relationship. Find out who YOU are.
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It takes a strong person to do that! If you can do that, you can do this weight loss thing no prob! I know I don't know you, but I'm proud of you! Glad we are friends on here, because those are the kinds of friends I need : )
  • Sunny_Sunflower
    Options
    Good for you! It takes a strong person to do that! If you can do that, you can do this weight loss thing no prob! I know I don't know you, but I'm proud of you! Glad we are friends on here, because those are the kinds of friends I need : )

I am glad we are friends too!!!!!
  • Sunny_Sunflower
    Options
    Good luck and I would run on my own for a while before jumping back into another relationship. Find out who YOU are.

I am gonna try... LOL I am a serial dater and have serious co-dependancy issues I am working through ;) and I always pick the losers.
  • Sunny_Sunflower
    Options
    Now I have that song in my head. :/

Leaving long term relationships can be very hard. Stay strong and best wishes to you.

Ya it sucks to be alone but its for the best...and what song?
  • anfrias
    anfrias Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm very proud of you to take this major step. Breaking up with someone that you have known almost your whole life can be tough, but you are a stronger person because you are going through this weight loss journey. You do not need anyone to keep you down - you need encouragement and support and if your bf was not giving you that then you needed to make a change and YOU DID. Try staying single for a bit --- the right guy will come along (trust me that's what happened to me). You need YOU TIME. This life is about you right now - you need to regroup and figure out what you want out of life - you have made the change to become healthier - now you need to keep focusing on YOU and no one else. Good luck in everything to come. You will see that the light at the end of the tunnel will shine bright on you. :)
  • Sunny_Sunflower
    Options
    I'm very proud of you to take this major step. Breaking up with someone that you have known almost your whole life can be tough, but you are a stronger person because you are going through this weight loss journey. You do not need anyone to keep you down - you need encouragement and support and if your bf was not giving you that then you needed to make a change and YOU DID. Try staying single for a bit --- the right guy will come along (trust me that's what happened to me). You need YOU TIME. This life is about you right now - you need to regroup and figure out what you want out of life - you have made the change to become healthier - now you need to keep focusing on YOU and no one else. Good luck in everything to come. You will see that the light at the end of the tunnel will shine bright on you. :)

Thanks girl!!!!!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

I am gonna try... LOL I am a serial dater and have serious co-dependancy issues I am working through ;) and I always pick the losers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAyDmJvjxbg

Not a country fan per say, but it's on the Urban Cowboy soundtrack, which is a good movie.

I can relate as I tend to always go for the losers also. Trying to break that cycle.