Couch to 5K NSV

Options
2»

Replies

• apilant
    apilant Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    How extremely exciting. I'm on w6d2 the 20 min run! Pretty nervous about it but I remember when I was nervous about 1minute!! Great job!!
  • strongmom2b
    strongmom2b Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    great job!! I am on w3d2....I am SO excited to be able to run 30 minutes straight! I am having a hard tome with the 3 moniutes straight right now but 3 weeks ago I couldnt run 1 minute straight!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Alright. I'm inspired. I'm starting the program today! :) I would LOVE to be able to say I ran a 5K!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. And congratulations! I am on week 3 of C25K, well repeating it due to illness last week. But feeling a lot better about it!
  • karagetsfit
    karagetsfit Posts: 191
    Options
    That is so awesome! I'm on week 3 and am super proud for running 3 minutes straight! haha
  • bck80
    bck80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i completed W5D1 last night and my knee is starting to hurt, i am a bit nervous about day 3 when i have to run 20 min non stop, i just hope my knee doesn't stop me:( but other than that great program !!!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    It's so encouraging to hear all your stories too. We CAN do this, right..because we are AWESOME :bigsmile:
  • ryonmathews
    Options
    good job
  • the_green_midget
    the_green_midget Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I'm on week 4 (in fact, I'm procrastinating from doing my second run right this moment), and I was impressed that I could actually go for 5 minutes without stopping. I'm looking forward to being able to go longer!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Congrats! I'm starting week 7 tonight and starting to plan what I'm going to do after I complete this program. My goal is to run a five mile race on July 4th.
  • piper4596
    piper4596 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am doing week 4 day 2 tonight. I too struggled with the 90 second run the first week. Thanks for giving us hope!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    Alright. I'm inspired. I'm starting the program today! :) I would LOVE to be able to say I ran a 5K!

You can do it. Don't beat yourself up or get discouraged...Monday I went from running 20 minutes to only 5 minutes/5 mins walk/5 minutes run and felt a little discouraged thinking I had taken huge steps backward, but decided today to find a comfortable speed and just go. You can do this. :) And just think, there are loads of people out there who are just sitting on a couch watching but we've got OFF the couch and have decided to do something. :)
  • ZazzyAmber
    ZazzyAmber Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you for your post! I started the program two weeks ago and I am loving it so far. I've always wanted to be able to run, but I always lacked the endurance and motivation. I love how this program breaks it down. I appreciate the encouragement! It is always great to hear how it works for other people!
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I was in so much agony during the 1st to weeks of this program that I wanted to quit. I promised myself that I would finish the program and I can honestly say now (5 weeks in) that I love running!!

Stick with it, it does get better!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I definately want to do this! I wanna be able to run :) It is my ME time. I have a 14 month old so i need it!

Also i think i'd be more willing to do this if our tredmill worked. I dont like always taking the toddler on my jogs :/
  • spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had a C25K NSV today ... a big one, if I do say so! Today I completed W3D2....this is the EXACT day that I stopped on the last time I tried to do this program. I remember I got to the second 3-minute run and just quit...I never did another day after that. Today, I proudly and happily completed it and felt GREAT!
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I was in so much agony during the 1st to weeks of this program that I wanted to quit. I promised myself that I would finish the program and I can honestly say now (5 weeks in) that I love running!!

Stick with it, it does get better!

Just an update....did another run last night and ran the whole 20 minutes and could have keep going no problem...can't wait for my next run! Going to up my distance now. (I am only at 3km)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!